CC stuck on for movie

ITGuy1024

ITGuy1024

I can't figure it out. I have a movie playing with closed captions.
On the roku they are set for off. In the roku emby app it's set to off.
The movie will show normal subtitles when needed but the CC is always there.

If I go to the Emby web player it does the same thing. However I have the option to set the subtitles for off under user profile and that fixes it in the web player.

Edited by ITGuy1024

Is the item transcoding when this happens? Can you enable the "stats for nerds" in the app? To do this play your item and press down to open the video player OSD. At the bottom is a graphic equalizer 3 slider icon. Click that and in the playback menu that will open is stats for nerds. Enable it. If this item is transcoding it will show transcoding information. Part of the transcoding information is the hardware acceleration. Does this show hardware acceleration being used for encode? What type of subtitles are these (srt/ssa/etc)? 

Edited by speechles

ITGuy1024

Is the item transcoding when this happens? Can you enable the "stats for nerds" in the app? To do this play your item and press down to open the video player OSD. At the bottom is a graphic equalizer 3 slider icon. Click that and in the playback menu that will open is stats for nerds. Enable it. If this item is transcoding it will show transcoding information. Part of the transcoding information is the hardware acceleration. Does this show hardware acceleration being used for encode? What type of subtitles are these (srt/ssa/etc)? 

I'll check that today.

Sorry I don't know the different types of subtitles. It shows the dialog that's being spoken and when a door bangs for example it says *Door bangs loudly*.

• 2 weeks later...
PuffyToesToo

You're definitely not the only one. This happens to mine frequently even though I have them turned off (and they are not burned in). My BF has this problem as well sometimes. The only way I can kill them is to disable them Emby wide. 

You're definitely not the only one. This happens to mine frequently even though I have them turned off (and they are not burned in). My BF has this problem as well sometimes. The only way I can kill them is to disable them Emby wide. 

As I type there is work being done in this subtitle and audio stream area of the video player. This work includes a new revamped dialog for selecting that scrolls to allow overflow. Even visually impaired users will love the new selector. Minimal button presses with wrapping which the old dialog didn't accomodate for. Simple, easy on the eyes, and clean. After this work is done we will need to reinvestigate if this is still an issue with subtitles appearing when they shouldn't. We hear you loud and clear. The changes will be completed soon. Still building and bug testing. Please be patient and see what we have next. Thanks. :)

Edited by speechles
  • Like 2

PuffyToesToo

Thank you for sharing that info with us speechles! It is much appreciated, and so is all the very hard work. :)