Trailers not playing (cinema mode)

avinashp

avinashp

Hi,

I am not sure if this has been answered already, I am having issues with cinema mode not playing trailers before the main feature.

As of now, I installed both Cinema mode and Trailers plugins and restarted the server. I set the cinema mode to play 3 trailers. But, I don't get anything when I play movies in my library. Am I missing something please? Do I need to manually download trailers? etc. Please see attached snapshots for both Cinema mode and Trailer settings.

Thank you!

post-430236-0-00383900-1552072223_thumb.png

post-430236-0-56953400-1552072249_thumb.png

j4jacks

Hi, this will be resolved in Emby Server 4.1. Thanks.

Great as the same thing is happening to me and I couldn't figure it out!  Looking forward to the update

• 1 month later...
crusher11

How are trailers selected? I have 40 trailers on my server, and I keep getting the same three or four every time.

Happy2Play

Hi, can you please go over an example? thanks.

What do you need?  Cinema mode enabled, options don't appear to matter.  Hit play on a movie and it only played local trailers.  If no local trailers are available then movie just starts.  I have seen no change since the report of the issue awhile ago.  Same discussion in other topic.

How are trailers selected? I have 40 trailers on my server, and I keep getting the same three or four every time.

By similarity, so genres and other metadata fields such as that.

BuddahKat

I noticed a new version of Cinema Mode was released, however it doesnt seem to have fixed the issue. I have my settings set for 3 new / upcoming trailers, no local files, but when I tried a movie tonight it played two files from one of my 'extras' folder, no internet trailers, and then played my movie. There are plenty of new / recently released trailers in the 'Trailers' section the movies view so doesnt seem to be an issue with the plugin.

nagetech

Same here. Just saw the updated cinema mode. I have it setup to play 2 trailers before any movie. I have no local trailers at all. Tested playing about 11 movies and none of them had a trailer play first :(

Make sure the user who is playing is granted access to the trailer channel, and doesn't have any parental control restrictions that would prevent them from being able to see the trailers.

Happy2Play

None of my users have parental controls and have any access restrictions.

nagetech

Just tossing an update, I saw today the plugins were updated. I tested 17 movies just hitting play to see if it would play a trailer first, but nothing :(

Happy2Play

This is actually working in the beta server 4.2.0.1 and will be backported into 4.1.1.0 as mentioned in the other topic.

• 3 weeks later...