One movie won't play in correct aspect ratio

mattman1968

mattman1968

On my Samsung 55MU6290, I have both Emby and Plex apps installed, as well as an hdmi connection from my desktop. Everything works fine with the Samsung Emby app (aside from it periodically nagging me to get a subscription and making me wait 10 seconds to skip over the nag).

Anyway...one movie in particular (The Amazing Spiderman) will absolutely not play in the proper aspect ratio through Emby. It gets squashed from the left & right and makes everyone look taller & skinnier/thinner. The movie plays correctly in the Plex app, the PC HDMI connection, and on other TV's using Roku & the Emby app. But on the Samsung Emby app...no dice.

Any thoughts?

SamES

Hi, can you please send me the media info for the file and the app version number. Is it DirectPlaying or Transcoding?

Thanks

mattman1968

Hi,

It is Samsung TV app version 1.0.44. The movie is Direct Playing. The media info is:

Media Info
Video
Title480p H264
CodecH264
Codec tagavc1
AVCYes
ProfileMain
Level40
Resolution720x360
Aspect ratio2.35:1
AnamorphicNo
InterlacedNo
Framerate23.976
Bitrate906 kbps
Color primariessmpte170m
Color spacesmpte170m
Color transferbt709
Bit depth8 bit
Pixel formatyuv420p
Ref frames1
NAL4

Audio
TitleEng AAC stereo Default
Languageeng
CodecAAC
Codec tagmp4a
ProfileLC
Layoutstereo
Channels2 ch
Bitrate160 kbps
Sample rate48,000 Hz
DefaultYes
Containermp4
Path\\NAS4FREE\Nas4Free\Media Folder\Movies\The Amazing Spider-Man 2\The Amazing Spider-Man 2.mp4
Size1088 MB

SamES

Are you able to PM me a copy of the file (Dropbox, Google drive?). Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
Ratatouille

Cool I got this issue also one my movie was doing it it corrected itself few days latter, but I stil have one for sure doing it play in 4:3  and it is a 16:9 in the meantime can remux it to have it play correctly any setting to look for?

Yes if you lower the in app quality setting to force it to transcode, that will probably be a workaround.

• 4 weeks later...
M1tch

I have a few with this issue. It’s related to the anamorphic DVD’s. In the mean time I threw the file back in handbrake and selected anamorphic no which does the job. Might help some whilst waiting for the new release

• Like 1

I have a few with this issue. It’s related to the anamorphic DVD’s. In the mean time I threw the file back in handbrake and selected anamorphic no which does the job. Might help some whilst waiting for the new release

That's great info, thanks !