Trakt sync not uploading since latest update

claptnei

markdj

Same problem for me, but Trakt doesn’t add rewatched episodes. I’ve been rewatching GoT but since 3-4 days nothing has been tracked from the show anymore. Other new series and episodes work fine.

Hitsville

Hi

I was attempting to migrate from Plex to Emby and have the same issue and cannot get Trakt to sync my watched/unwatched status

I did this very recently without issue after switching from Plex to Emby.

Are/were you using Plex-trakt-scrobbler in Plex? If so is there any possibility that the two are fighting each other? I recall with the Plex variant there were a lot of settings with regards to behaviour when a conflict occurred. 

Probably unlikely, but thought it worth a mention. 

J2ghz

@@claptnei Looking at your log, I see where the issue with size comes from. There is a debug log which writes all your watched items on trakt to the log as many times as you have items in your library. This will be fixed.

As for the original issue, do you have multiple users on your Emby server? Which ones have the trakt plugin configured? Which user is the one that is not working? I see working syncs in the log, but also authentication errors.

claptnei

@@claptnei Looking at your log, I see where the issue with size comes from. There is a debug log which writes all your watched items on trakt to the log as many times as you have items in your library. This will be fixed.

As for the original issue, do you have multiple users on your Emby server? Which ones have the trakt plugin configured? Which user is the one that is not working? I see working syncs in the log, but also authentication errors.

Yes  I have 2 users, both with separate trakt accounts, both setup in plugin. Both users working on 3.3.0 But on 3.3.2 collected items are not being added, watched progress works. Cannot confirm for both users only myself.

J2ghz

Okay. Since the log does not show which user is which, new version will have to be released with that added. It will also make the log reasonably sized.
From the log one user seems to be working, and the other one getting authentication failures. Just in case you are the second one, can you try generating a new PIN and testing it again? If it doesn't help, then in the next few days the new version will be out.

claptnei

Okay. Since the log does not show which user is which, new version will have to be released with that added. It will also make the log reasonably sized.

From the log one user seems to be working, and the other one getting authentication failures. Just in case you are the second one, can you try generating a new PIN and testing it again? If it doesn't help, then in the next few days the new version will be out.

yes it does seem my collected items dont update. I have already got new Pin's for both users several time. Thanks.

sdbman

I did this very recently without issue after switching from Plex to Emby.

Are/were you using Plex-trakt-scrobbler in Plex? If so is there any possibility that the two are fighting each other? I recall with the Plex variant there were a lot of settings with regards to behaviour when a conflict occurred.

Probably unlikely, but thought it worth a mention.

I do have it running and didn't realise that might conflict, will turn it off and give it another go.

Thanks!

Edited by sdbman

J2ghz

@@sdbman It should not be a problem. Cna you send a log?

@@claptnei If it's only collected items can you try disabling and then enabling "Sync Collection during Scheduled Task"? Some users have reported that after update the setting showed as enabled, but was actually disabled.

• Like 1

claptnei

@@sdbman It should not be a problem. Cna you send a log?

@@claptnei If it's only collected items can you try disabling and then enabling "Sync Collection during Scheduled Task"? Some users have reported that after update the setting showed as enabled, but was actually disabled.

Ok done that and seems to have worked. Sync was not ticked on my profile.

Looked at some of the other errors and they are to do with identifying the wrong series, most of which I can correct.

The only thing I have noticed is that all my ratings have now been removed from all my trakt episodes?

claptnei

I think I can now say, having built a newer more powerful physical server and installed every thing from scratch, Emby and trackt are now working correctly, fingers crossed. Was forced to change server after original became corrupted and was having network issues.

Thanks,

Neil.

• 11 months later...
Sofasogud

Hey, moving from Plex to Emby so just set up my server and trying to get Trakt to work and having the similar issues to the others here running the latest version of the plugin and not getting anything updated for either Trakt or Emby.

I've had a look in the logs and I've noticed this:

2020-03-28 18:22:08.603 Info HttpClient: GET https://api.trakt.tv/sync/watched/movies

2020-03-28 18:22:08.966 Info HttpClient: GET https://api.trakt.tv/sync/playback/episodes
2020-03-28 18:22:09.710 Info HttpClient: GET https://api.trakt.tv/sync/collection/movies?extended=metadata
2020-03-28 18:22:09.726 Info Trakt: Trakt.tv watched Movies count = 634
2020-03-28 18:22:09.726 Info Trakt: Trakt.tv watched Shows count = 139
2020-03-28 18:22:09.726 Info Trakt: Trakt.tv playback Movies count = 145
2020-03-28 18:22:09.726 Info Trakt: Trakt.tv playback Episodes count = 238
2020-03-28 18:22:09.952 Info Trakt: Movies to set watched: 0
2020-03-28 18:22:09.952 Info Trakt: Movies to set unwatched: 0
2020-03-28 18:22:09.971 Info HttpClient: GET https://api.trakt.tv/sync/watched/shows
2020-03-28 18:22:10.277 Info HttpClient: GET https://api.trakt.tv/sync/collection/shows?extended=metadata
2020-03-28 18:22:10.487 Info Trakt: Episodes to set watched: 0
2020-03-28 18:22:10.487 Info Trakt: Episodes to set unwatched: 0

It looks like it's pulling from Trakt OK but just not matching the movies up with my library. Is there anything I could do?

Thanks for your anticipated help.

embyserver.txt

Edited by Sofasogud

Hey, moving from Plex to Emby so just set up my server and trying to get Trakt to work and having the similar issues to the others here running the latest version of the plugin and not getting anything updated for either Trakt or Emby.

I've had a look in the logs and I've noticed this:

2020-03-28 18:22:08.603 Info HttpClient: GET https://api.trakt.tv/sync/watched/movies

2020-03-28 18:22:08.966 Info HttpClient: GET https://api.trakt.tv/sync/playback/episodes

2020-03-28 18:22:09.710 Info HttpClient: GET https://api.trakt.tv/sync/collection/movies?extended=metadata

2020-03-28 18:22:09.726 Info Trakt: Trakt.tv watched Movies count = 634

2020-03-28 18:22:09.726 Info Trakt: Trakt.tv watched Shows count = 139

2020-03-28 18:22:09.726 Info Trakt: Trakt.tv playback Movies count = 145

2020-03-28 18:22:09.726 Info Trakt: Trakt.tv playback Episodes count = 238

2020-03-28 18:22:09.952 Info Trakt: Movies to set watched: 0

2020-03-28 18:22:09.952 Info Trakt: Movies to set unwatched: 0

2020-03-28 18:22:09.971 Info HttpClient: GET https://api.trakt.tv/sync/watched/shows

2020-03-28 18:22:10.277 Info HttpClient: GET https://api.trakt.tv/sync/collection/shows?extended=metadata

2020-03-28 18:22:10.487 Info Trakt: Episodes to set watched: 0

2020-03-28 18:22:10.487 Info Trakt: Episodes to set unwatched: 0

It looks like it's pulling from Trakt OK but just not matching the movies up with my library. Is there anything I could do?

Thanks for your anticipated help.

Hi there, did you make sure your  movies have MovieDb id's assigned in Emby?

Sofasogud

thanks for the quick reply!

In the settings for the library I have MovieDB ticked and I've checked in metadata manager and they have movie db Id's and IMDB id's too.

thanks for the quick reply!

In the settings for the library I have MovieDB ticked and I've checked in metadata manager and they have movie db Id's and IMDB id's too.

Ok let's look at a specific example then. Thanks.

Sofasogud

Sure! 

I've been looking at Jumanji: The Next Level, It has all the metadata in my Emby library. When I run the trakt tasks, it doesn't change anything on Trakt. 

On the TV side, I have all of Game of Thrones marked as watched in Trakt, all the metadata is there in Emby, but ask a sync, it still shows as none of them are watched.

Jesus Christ.... forget I said anything... big user school boy error lol

Hi, what was the solution?

Pog22

Anyone having issues with this plugin lately. In the last week my sync to trakt scheduled task has started to fail daily. I'll update Emby to the new version in the next day or 2 and get a log up if it's not working

Glyde62

Anyone having issues with this plugin lately. In the last week my sync to trakt scheduled task has started to fail daily. I'll update Emby to the new version in the next day or 2 and get a log up if it's not working

Yes i have been getting it failing also

Pog22

Let's look at an example. Please see how to report a problem. Thanks.

Yes, i'll get you a debug report and server log the next time it breaks. 

I've this morning updated my Emby server to 4.4.1.0 and deleted the Trakt.xml file from plugins/configuations, then got a new Trakt token for my own user profile and started a sync which completed fine. I've then turned on the Trakt plugin debug logging. I also took a backup of this Trakt.xml to compare it later. I will now wait for it to break.

Thanks. Trakt could have been having a problem when it happened that other time.

Pog22

No fails so far. I have changed my daily schedule to now sync twice a day and have fetched a token for a second user profile. Will keep an eye