Filtering TV Shows

jschoen

jschoen

Just wondering if there is a way to filter TV Shows by unwatched.

If that is not possible, my other unsolicited suggestion suggestion would be do use different colors for the little green circles. If there are any unwatched episodes maybe put the number in a blue circle or something. That will make it easier to identify which show has unwatched episodes.

Mediabrowser on the Roku 3 is great and has been very enjoyable. I hope to eventually be able to help out code wise (I am a programmer by day), just do not have the time at the moment.

Tikuf

There is already a filter for tv and movies. On the official client go to your tv or movies hit the star on your roku remote select "filter by" (ok button) select your filter then exit out of the menu.

jschoen

@@Tikuf I realized there was filtering already, should have mentioned that. It currently only has the options None, Continuing, and Ended. To be honest I am not even sure what Continuing and Ended means, unless it is in reference to whether the tv series is still be made or not. 

So my request was to add an additional filter for Un-Watched tv shows.

Am I missing something?

gcw07

No you are correct as that is it. You are also correct in what they mean (a show is continuing to air or has ended). Unfortunately the server doesn't have a filter option for whether a show has been watched or unwatched. As soon as that is added to the server, I'll add it to the Roku, but not much I can do now. I'd suggest pestering Luke for a feature request to add that to the web client and thus make it into the server API.

You can filter entire tv series by played status if that's what you want. IsPlayed=true

gcw07

It doesn't seem to return the expected results. I figured that is why it isn't in the web client at all either for TV.

i think i just hadn't gotten a chance, however mbc is using it. the series is considered played if all episodes are considered played.

i've added the filter to the tv shows page in the latest dev build, 3.0.5241.42834. so you can play with it there.

gcw07

OK, I'll test it again. Last time I tried it, it didn't seem to return the correct information. Thanks.

Tikuf

On all tv items the filter works as expected and returns any item that has an ep in it that is unplayed. When the same filter is applied to an actual users tv vf  it only returns items that are 100% unplayed ie it wont return any items  that are in progress (99/100 played)

Edited by Tikuf

gcw07

Forgot to post last night. We plan to add this in the next version. Thanks.