Emby theatre (desktop) not full screen on boot

Mbedford

Mbedford

Hi,

Emby theatre (desktop) just started doing this a week ago, it didn't do this before.

I have emby theatre ticked to start with windows, which it does. Now it's starting in a window, and as I am running at 4k resolution, the maximise button is tiny and fiddly to click on.

Also if you turn the TV off (connected via HDMI) and on ago, it goes back into a small window again.

Both are frustrating, especially when it's in a window at boot up.

How do I fix both please?

Mbedford

Hi,

You didn't give me install instructions, so i copied over the contents of that zip and overwrite the same  files and folders in my emby theater folder. A x86 folder didn't exist before, but i copied that over too.

Now it goes full screen on boot, but if you turn the HDMI connected TV off and on, it goes back to a window still :( (as attached)

P.S some additional emby theater feedback/improvements:

1. As emby theater loads quicker than emby server does in the background (both on same PC), emby theater sits on the 'select a server' screen. You should make emby theater allow to select a 'default' server in options, and keep retrying to connect to that server, so it doesn't sit on the 'select a server' screen.
  2. Add a 'Restart' button next to 'Shutdown' button.

post-139386-0-98835600-1552081625_thumb.jpg

if you turn the HDMI connected TV off and on, it goes back to a window still  :( (as attached)

This will happen with just about any app though.

Mbedford

Mediacenter doesn't,and emby theater didn't upto a week ago.

Do you not have a fix for this?

I don't have an immediate fix for turning on and off the HDMI source. For most it has probably always been that way. It is something that will require more research.

• 2 weeks later...
Mbedford

1 extra question, emby server automatically updates itself, does emby theatre (desktop)? or you have to update manually?

• 2 months later...
SIR_JO

Morning all,

I am having the exact same problem, I've been using on WMCE for about 4 years now, and loved it, but now adapting to Emby theater, this is a real annoyance (first world problem), as it means having a keyboard laying around, rather than just a remote. Thanks for all your great efforts.

King regards

Jo

Mbedford

Yes it's a real pain having to click the little maximise button every time you turn on your TV.

It's even more annoying with a 4k resolution TV, as the little maximise button on emby theater is so tiny.

Guest asrequested

Yes it's a real pain having to click the little maximise button every time you turn on your TV.

It's even more annoying with a 4k resolution TV, as the little maximise button on emby theater is so tiny.

That sounds like you don't have it scaled correctly. All my buttons are a nice size. And you can map the "f" key to a button on your remote. Then when playing a video, you make it full screen. I don't actually have this issue. I think it's a problem with Intel GPUs.

serpi

I think, it could be the problem with Intel GPUs, if you turn on the PC before the TV is ready.

You might try setting the registry as descibed here.

eraser8

Hi guys,

A temporary workaround I found is to set the windows task bar to be hidden.

Edited by eraser8

Mbedford

Hi guys,

A temporary workaround I found is to set the windows task bar to be hidden.

Errr no.

You must have a different issue.

The issue we all have is.....

Emby theater is full screen, if you turn the TV off (connected via HDMI) and on again, emby theater goes back into a small window again on the desktop. You have to click the tiny maximise button in the top right of the window to get it back to full screen. Really annoying when its a mediacenter PC in your living room and you have to find and operate the keyboard/mouse just to click the maximise button.

eraser8

Errr no.

You must have a different issue.

The issue we all have is.....

Emby theater is full screen, if you turn the TV off (connected via HDMI) and on again, emby theater goes back into a small window again on the desktop. You have to click the tiny maximise button in the top right of the window to get it back to full screen. Really annoying when its a mediacenter PC in your living room and you have to find and operate the keyboard/mouse just to click the maximise button.

Ok. The difference between you is, my emby windows doesn't minimize. It stay full screen view but I can see the windows taskbar at the bottom.

eraser8

That's funny, I have the same issue with VLC player, and no one on their forum will help me.

Hummm,maybe ne cause it's a forum for emby? Or I don't understand well...

• 2 months later...
thehinch

Hi,

You didn't give me install instructions, so i copied over the contents of that zip and overwrite the same  files and folders in my emby theater folder. A x86 folder didn't exist before, but i copied that over too.

Now it goes full screen on boot, but if you turn the HDMI connected TV off and on, it goes back to a window still :( (as attached)

P.S some additional emby theater feedback/improvements:

1. As emby theater loads quicker than emby server does in the background (both on same PC), emby theater sits on the 'select a server' screen. You should make emby theater allow to select a 'default' server in options, and keep retrying to connect to that server, so it doesn't sit on the 'select a server' screen.
  2. Add a 'Restart' button next to 'Shutdown' button.

to help work around point #1, I've used the Windows 10 Scheduler to launch Emby Theatre and delayed the launch by 1 minute.  This gives the emby server enough time to launch before the emby theatre try's to login to the server.  

Hummm,maybe ne cause it's a forum for emby? Or I don't understand well...

He's referring to the VLC forum.

• 2 weeks later...
swhitmore

Hi guys,

Running windows in Tablet Mode solved this issue for me. Worth a try if you're still having issues.

• Like 1