Mapped network drive content not available on Emby

Damien_

Damien_

Im running Emby on Unraid. I have a couple network drives mounted to the unraid machine that contains movies and tv shows, one is a synology and the other is a netgear NAS.

I'm running into a strange issue where the media on the Netgear readynas is not seen on Emby. It's mounted via SMB and I can map it just just fine so all the media is available (or should be) but for whatever reason none of the movies on the readynas machine are available in Emby (the synology works fine).

The issue is isolated to Emby; I can see and use the media on this drive a number of other apps on unraid. I'm new to Emby but I believe this wasn't an issue pre Emby 4 release. 

Here's the error message posted on the logs; I'm just not sure what to do with it as it says it's not a directory. I can post any other logs if needed.  Any guidance would be really appreciated as it's driving me nuts. Thanks a lot. 

2019-03-06 04:12:48.746 Error LibraryMonitor: Error watching path: /mnt/disks/RNDU_media/Videos/Movies

*** Error Report ***
    Version: 4.0.2.0
    Command line: /system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /config -ffdetect /bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3
    Operating system: Unix 4.18.20.0
    64-Bit OS: True
    64-Bit Process: True
    User Interactive: True
    Processor count: 8
    Program data path: /config
    Application directory: /system
    System.IO.IOException: System.IO.IOException: Not a directory
     at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerator`1.FindNextEntry()
     at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerator`1.MoveNext()
     at System.IO.FileSystemWatcher.RunningInstance.AddDirectoryWatchUnlocked(WatchedDirectory parent, String directoryName)
     at System.IO.FileSystemWatcher.RunningInstance.AddDirectoryWatchUnlocked(WatchedDirectory parent, String directoryName)
     at System.IO.FileSystemWatcher.RunningInstance..ctor(FileSystemWatcher watcher, SafeFileHandle inotifyHandle, String directoryPath, Boolean includeSubdirectories, NotifyFilters notifyFilters, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
     at System.IO.FileSystemWatcher.StartRaisingEvents()
     at System.IO.FileSystemWatcher.StartRaisingEventsIfNotDisposed()
     at System.IO.FileSystemWatcher.set_EnableRaisingEvents(Boolean value)
     at Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.LibraryMonitor.<>c__DisplayClass38_0.<StartWatchingPath>b__0()
    Source: System.IO.FileSystem
    TargetSite: Void FindNextEntry()
     at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerator`1.FindNextEntry()
     at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerator`1.MoveNext()
     at System.IO.FileSystemWatcher.RunningInstance..ctor(FileSystemWatcher watcher, SafeFileHandle inotifyHandle, String directoryPath, Boolean includeSubdirectories, NotifyFilters notifyFilters, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
     at System.IO.FileSystemWatcher.StartRaisingEvents()
     at System.IO.FileSystemWatcher.StartRaisingEventsIfNotDisposed()
     at System.IO.FileSystemWatcher.set_EnableRaisingEvents(Boolean value)
     at Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.LibraryMonitor.<>c__DisplayClass38_0.<StartWatchingPath>b__0()

Edited by meatball

Damien_

Yes this looks permissions related. Thanks.

Thanks I assumed that too as it can’t really be anything else. Just not to understanding as I’m logged in as admin.

If you can map it and see the media files in the path in Emby I assumed they could be read but I must be missing something.

• 2 weeks later...
Damien_

Sorry @@Luke I missed this. What I meant was I can map to the movies folder within Emby and see the files as shown here. I assumed this would indicate there's not a permissions issue but I must be wrong as Emby still can't read the movies in this one drive. 

5c8ea20132409_ScreenShot20190317at123711

Edited by meatball

Damien_

Because the media on this specific drive is unavailable on Emby. This is the original issue i was posting about here.