Kodi`s built in trailer feature not working with Emby without Emby trailer addon?

ProphetSe7en
Go to solution Solved by sualfred,

ProphetSe7en

Just wondering if the built in trailer feature in kodi is not available with emby for kodi?

As soon as I add emby for kodi the trailer option in movie information is missing.

Angelblue05

With native playback mode it is compatible. But Emby has it's own trailer system. Why do you need to use the Kodi one?

Edited by Angelblue05

sualfred

@Angelblue05 

As far as I understand him correctly no trailers are synced to him. Skins usually hide the trailer button if ListItem.Trailer is empty.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Do you have trailers in Emby? Open the webclient, you should see the trailer button when viewing your movie content, try it. Let me know what happens. We will go from there.

Edited by Angelblue05

ProphetSe7en

With native playback mode it is compatible. But Emby has it's own trailer system. Why do you need to use the Kodi one?

Because the Kodi one is free :)

Do you have trailers in Emby? Open the webclient, you should see the trailer button when viewing your movie content, try it. Let me know what happens. We will go from there.

No I dont have trailers in Emby. Thats why I want to use the Kodi feature to watch trailers for my movies. Trailers is avaliable in movie information page if I dont use Emby.

When Emby is enabled the trailer button is gone.

Angelblue05

Emby should be loading youtube trailers for your content: Please confirm this, by going to the emby webclient, check the info for one of your movie, hit trailer. Does it work?

Edited by Angelblue05

ProphetSe7en

Emby should be loading youtube trailers for your content: Please confirm this, by going to the emby webclient, check the info for one of your movie, hit trailer. Does it work?

There is no trailer option avaliable in emby webclient.

• Like 1

sualfred

Emby uses the trailer information from themovidedb.org.

If there is a trailer, you will get the trailer button on the Emby gui. If there is a button on the Emby gui, the Kodi addon will sync this trailer information. If not you won't get one in Kodi.

Try to refresh the metadata from a movie in your Emby library to refresh the information.

If you use local trailers you have to follow the correct file file tagging:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Trailers

• Like 1

Angelblue05

There is no trailer option avaliable in emby webclient.

Is the imdb, tmdb field filled?? Select the 3 dots > edit metadata. Are your titles correctly detected in Emby? That is unexpected to me. Unless it’s some obscure movie, the youtube trailer should be there.

ProphetSe7en

Is the imdb, tmdb field filled?? Select the 3 dots > edit metadata. Are your titles correctly detected in Emby? That is unexpected to me. Unless it’s some obscure movie, the youtube trailer should be there.

Movie is identified correctly, imdb and tmbb is filled.

post-26276-0-48835000-1551908435_thumb.png

post-26276-0-39348400-1551908446_thumb.png

post-26276-0-00397300-1551908458_thumb.png

• Like 1

ProphetSe7en

Emby uses the trailer information from themovidedb.org.

If there is a trailer, you will get the trailer button on the Emby gui. If there is a button on the Emby gui, the Kodi addon will sync this trailer information. If not you won't get one in Kodi.

Try to refresh the metadata from a movie in your Emby library to refresh the information.

If you use local trailers you have to follow the correct file file tagging:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Trailers

I have refreshed metadata, no difference. I dont want to use local trailers.

• Like 1

• Solution
sualfred

Take a look at themovidedb page of a movie that has it missing.

Emby only uses the trailer of your configured metadata language.

Is one available at themoviedb.org?

5c8040288543e_73BF71041FE4416B9AC8782FD9

5c80403e25de0_7AF03EB5A05043E3B91ADC0A20

• Like 2

ProphetSe7en

Take a look at themovidedb page of a movie that has it missing.

Emby only uses the trailer of your configured metadata language.

Is one available at themoviedb.org?

That`s it!

I had metadata language in Emby to Norwegian. Changed to English and no there is trailers available in Emby webclient. Will test in Kodi in a few :)

Thank you so much

Angelblue05

That`s it!

I had metadata language in Emby to Norwegian. Changed to English and no there is trailers available in Emby webclient. Will test in Kodi in a few :)

Thank you so much

You may need to update your libraries in Kodi so it can grab the new trailers (open Emby for kodi > open the context menu on your movie library > update the library). It's possible the server didn't trigger update events for those. Let me know.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1