18.1 keeps stopping videos for no reason? Nvidia Shield

logan77

logan77

When streaming through any addon, videos will pause, just like they are buffering, but they dont actually load up, then the video just skips to the next one, or stops.

Alternatively, if you just skip forward 10 seconds when it pauses, free netflix tech news android 9 it continues to play straight away, so seemingly not a buffering issue?

cant track it to a specific addon, (tried 5 different ones) or a specific debrid service. I have the exact same setup on Amazon Firestick w/ kodi 18.1 and it works flawlessy

Did a fresh install of 18.0 and all was fine. everything worked perfectly. but forgot to turn off auto update and it updated and did the exact same thing again.

Is this a Nvidia Shield - Kodi 18.1 issue? or is there something else at play here?

Edited by logan77

sualfred

If you are facing it on multiple sources (not only Emby) you should ask the Kodi devs in the Kodi board plus attach a debug log to it. 

18.1 is working perfect on my test Shield device with the Emby addons and a wifi connection.

General rule:

No log, no issue. 

Edited by sualfred

Angelblue05

The add-on is not involved during playback other than tracking progress. It would never stop playback unless you called stop via Emby.

abescalamis

The add-on is not involved during playback other than tracking progress. It would never stop playback unless you called stop via Emby.

I have the exact same issue, I don't think this is related to the addon, I know what issue is but I haven't look into it.

It look like it is related to the video cache, Kodi pauses the video because of it, I have the server and client in the same network using native mode, and all of my videos are very small, Once I get some free time, I was going to add the advancedsettings.xml and set it to 1 that will set the video cache to Buffer all filesystems, both internet and local

@@logan77 can you try this and report if it fixes the problem?

add this advancedsettings.xml to ----> Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/

You can also add <memorysize>0</memorysize>, but don't do it if you don't have the 500gb version or if you haven't add extra storage to 5he shield, this setting will use hard drive space to store video cache.

advancedsettings.xml

Edited by abescalamis