Search function not finding things

kanipek

kanipek

I have a couple of iOS users and it was brought to my attention that using the search function to find certain things, for example

The Vampire Diaries yields no results.

I tested this myself using an iphone 7+ and got the same result.

IOS users can find the items by going into TV Shows or Movies.

I also checked the web client and an android client, both have no issue.

This is server v 4.1.0.12 the iOS app version is 1.7.4 - I don't know if this is an Emby issue or if there is an issue with my Emby.

Edited by kanipek

Please go over a specific example in detail, making sure to cover why you feel something is not included in the results should be. Thanks.

kanipek

I have a couple of iOS users and it was brought to my attention that using the search function to find certain things, for example

The Vampire Diaries yields no results.

I tested this myself using an iphone 7+ and got the same result.

IOS users can find the items by going into TV Shows or Movies.

I also checked the web client and an android client, both have no issue.

This is server v 4.1.0.12 the iOS app version is 1.7.4 - I don't know if this is an Emby issue or if there is an issue with my Emby.

As you can see I did provide the example

Why do I feel it is not being included: BECAUSE it is not being found using the SEARCH function. The items not being found are clearly in the library as they CAN be found by browsing.

Therefore the conclusion is search is not working properly on an iOS client - the question remains as to whether it is an Emby issue or something is corrupt - wrong with my install.

As I stated in the OP Android clients are not seeing the issue.

Where to go from here, I await your thoughts.

Can you please provide more detail? What results did you expect to see and why?

kanipek

Can you please provide more detail? What results did you expect to see and why?

Honestly Luke you sometimes really piss people off.

What part of "I have a couple of iOS users and it was brought to my attention that using the search function to find certain things, for example

The Vampire Diaries yields no results."  isn't exactly clear?

I have several iOS users (iphones) that tell me exactly what I posted - They search for a TV Show using the SEARCH function (haven't heard of the issue with movies) and the search does not return a result. They are then forced to search via TV Shows ( I know easy enough to do) to find a show. The example I gave was for The Vampire Diaries.

What exactly would YOU expect to see if you used the search function to look for a show?

I am a big fan of chain yanking, and if that is what you are doing great. I am looking for an answer. If that answer is "I am not able to reproduce this issue" that is fine. But in this case where and android client can search for the same item and finds it without issue I tend to think there IS an issue with Emby.

What part of the information I provided doesn't give you enough information to investigate the problem I am reporting?

Do you need a server log to help? I looked at the log during one of these search attempts and found nothing. Do I need to turn on debug logging?

Is this a known issue? Throw me a bone here.

No, it's not a known issue. Is there actually content in their library called The Vampire Diaries? Perhaps they misspelled it?

kanipek

No, it's not a known issue. Is there actually content in their library called The Vampire Diaries? Perhaps they misspelled it?

I performed this test personally using an iphone and an android phone.

I can assure you that my library contains the example I gave and that is was spelled correctly.  As I stated previously they and I can find the items in question by browsing the libraries and finding them there.

I did do some further testing using an iphone and I can't find The Vampire Diaries by searching for any combination of search words - The, The Vampire, The Vampire Diaries or Vampire Diaries.