Full screen with graphics adaptor

fizzyade

fizzyade

Hi,

I’m sure Plex handles this situation correctly, my wife and I are away for the weekend and I plugged our iPad into the display adaptor and into the tv but because Emby mirrors the display, due to the aspect ratio of the iPad the video does not make use of a widescreen tv. I’m sure that Plex disables the mirroring and outputs the correct size video (1080p) and disables the on screen playback.

Hi, actually we just haven't looked at this but we certainly can. What display adapter do you have?

fizzyade

Just the standard apple one for lightning to hdmi, most apps I’ve seen that use it disable the main screen and play on the auxiliary screen.

As a consequence of the video mirroring the aspect ratio of the iPad the video comes out in a small box in the middle of the screen!

fizzyade

Great, thanks for the info. We can look into this.

Thanks. I see no useful reason why it operates in a mirrored way, it should simply just disable the onboard playback and use the display dimensions as provided by the external display. This is how plex works.

fizzyade

@@Luke teaching you to suck eggs here, but....

https://www.iphonelife.com/blog/31369/swift-programming-101-enhance-your-apps-external-displays

By default iOS just mirrors the display which is the issue, it just requires some extra code to enable using the external display properly.

I also had to leave the iPad open and unlocked because turning off the screen automaticslly halted playback which I assume is a by product of mirroring mode.

fizzyade

Please try this again with the next update to the app. Thanks.

Will do! Thanks for your support, buying a lifetime membership has been a worthwhile investment!

fizzyade

@@Luke I've sent you a PM asking for access to the beta releases of iOS so that I can (hopefully) try this.  I've included the information as requested in the sign up post.

mireki1975

@Luke I've sent you a PM asking for access to the beta releases of iOS so that I can (hopefully) try this too.

I've included the information as requested in the sign up post.

i am traveling next week - would be great

I got them. Our betas are currently held up right now so that is why you haven't gotten invites yet. Thanks.

• Like 1

fizzyade

I got them. Our betas are currently held up right now so that is why you haven't gotten invites yet. Thanks.

Got the invite and just tried it (was actually away at the weekend but the premier inn seem to have disabled the HDMI input on the tv, so I couldn’t try :( )

Works perfectly, now it’s filling the screen. One small suggestion, maybe show a message on the iPad saying that the media is being played on the external display.

mireki1975

H Luke, on my device iPhoneXsMax I only hear Sound and have no picture - used the original Lightning HDMI Adapter from Apple

if you need some logs or something let me know

mireki1975

FYI : new update from today did not solve this

thanks and have a nice week

e.g.

1080p h264

AVC : Yes

Profile Main

Level 40

1920x1080

16:9

No Anamorph

No Interlaced

Rate 23,976

Bitrate 3.969

Deep 8bit

Yuv420p

Ref Frames 1

NAL 4

Edited by mireki1975

fizzyade

double checked with iPad Pro 10,5" and EmbyBeta -> working!

Lol I think we have the exact same combinations of hardware here!