One imports, the other doesn't

irie27

irie27

I have a directory listed as /media/movies with the permissions 5c7c230f3547c_ScreenShot20190303at15440P

If I have emby import the movies directory, nothing will get imported.  However, if I have movies2 imported the files are seen.  The directories and files all have 755 permissions with the user & group being the same in both directories.  I can't get anything from the logs that would help.  What is more weird to me is that if I set the content type to TV on the /media/movies import, the files are imported, but not with the content type set as MOVIES.  I'm stumped on trying to figure this one out.  I only have a monthly premiere pass to see if I want to leave Plex.

As you can see here, the files are being seen..5c7c2471f0445_ScreenShot20190303at20021P

And when I complete setting up the import this is all I get..5c7c249378f1d_ScreenShot20190303at20033P

what logs would be needed to diagnose this issue?

mastrmind11

root directory priviledges are pretty useless.  what do your permissions look like a level lower?

irie27

Yes, my TV & music libraries work perfect.  The permissions are exactly the same for the directories & folders.  That's why I'm stumped with the whole thing.

irie27

Yes.  The music files are on another linux server.  The TV & Movies are on the same linux machine, but on 2 different drives.

Are you sure you added movies2 to emby library setup? can you show a screenshot of that? thanks.