trailer not loading with Xbox App

Wolo88

Wolo88

Hi,

I just installed the newest version of Emby Server on my Synology DS918+ and bought a lifetime membership. Everything working fine with clients like web app, iOS, Android etc. only on Xbox One the trailers ( from youtube ) are not loading, only the loading circle is showing for infinite time. Can you help me?

Hi there, welcome. Some of the trailers come from youtube, and unfortunately the Xbox app is not able to play these right now. It is something that we're looking into. Thanks.

• 8 months later...

Hey there Emby team :)

Just wanted to check in on this, i just bought an xbox (mostly to use emby), and noticed this was not fixed as yet, was there going to be a solution for this? As not having this feature is pretty sucky ;)

Alternatively, is there any scrapers around that can download the trailers from online source and automatically add? Perhaps an alternative would be to have a plugin that does this instead?

If you have any solutions for a pretty large  library that would be great :)

• 2 weeks later...

We're still looking at this. We're going to need another way of playing them on Xbox. Thanks for the feedback.

For anyone that stumbles across this,  I did in fact find a scraper called Emby Ytrailers (no im not affliated with them in any way), it has just been re-released and ive tried it out and it works perfect. This scraper downloads the trailers to your storage alongside movies etc, then names them properly so emby can use them natively. This is 1000% better than waiting for emby to load from youtube (and of course, it solves the xbox issue entirely).

It cost me the cost of a couple coffees, and it worked a treat. There is a thread on the forum somewhere about it i cant find where now. 

Anyways, just as a FYI for anyone else looking for a solution, I recommend this one, install was a breeze, just put the file in the emby plugins folder, and it will schedule run and download trailers it can find for all your movies!  :)

As luck would have it, a day after using it, our net went out, and it was really cool being able to use trailers on emby without any net :)

Edited by edzz83
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
nickgrill

For anyone that stumbles across this,  I did in fact find a scraper called Emby Ytrailers (no im not affliated with them in any way), it has just been re-released and ive tried it out and it works perfect. This scraper downloads the trailers to your storage alongside movies etc, then names them properly so emby can use them natively. This is 1000% better than waiting for emby to load from youtube (and of course, it solves the xbox issue entirely).

It cost me the cost of a couple coffees, and it worked a treat. There is a thread on the forum somewhere about it i cant find where now. 

Anyways, just as a FYI for anyone else looking for a solution, I recommend this one, install was a breeze, just put the file in the emby plugins folder, and it will schedule run and download trailers it can find for all your movies!  :)

As luck would have it, a day after using it, our net went out, and it was really cool being able to use trailers on emby without any net :)

where can you get YTrailers?  do you have a link to it?

I found the plugin and bought the license and installed it.  How do I know if it is doing anything?

Hi, what plugin are you referring to?

Emby staff etc cannot give you support on this third party plugin. @@Luke - he is referring to the Ytrailers plugin.

You will need to post in the support thread for this addon. 

As a tip, you can go into scheduler in emby config and see it down the bottom and manually run it. It should automatically download trailers and put them in your mobie folders, yo ucan check those folders to see if its working, if you need support head to the official thread here: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/2007-movie-theme-videos-plugin-questions-and-support-thread