PCM 5.1?

nappysolo

nappysolo

I have a Roku 3. I have a video with a PCM 5.1 audio track. Emby remuxes to an AC3 track - AudioCodecNotSupported (see attached). I thought I read somewhere that PCM 5.1 is supported by Roku. There isn't a selection on the Roku HDMI audio setting that specifies this. Is it really not supported? By Roku? Roku 3? Emby?

ffmpeg-remux-6c61ee5f-bf60-4beb-b675-c0bfd079779e_1.txt

Let me do some investigation here. LPCM is supported but I think we need to supply more in capabilities for this. Let me do some testing and see what can be done here. Stay tuned.

• Like 1

DjzBzTo.png

mmltBOy.png

Above are the "stats for nerds" display of the Roku app. This shows it is directly copying the audio with a capabilities change. Also tried pcm_dvd and pcm_bluray codecs. Also tried 24/32 bit pcm codecs. Always comes up the same way there is no audio. We have to transcode to make it so there is audio that can be heard.

So I believe ATM we are doing the right thing otherwise you would hear no audio. If your system supports surround the audio transcoding will keep surround. It just converts the 6 channel pcm into 6 channel ac3. We cannot play pcm_* directly as there is no sound heard when it plays directly. Tested on Roku Ultra and Roku 3.

If you have a sample of the video you want me to try you can PM me a link to google drive, dropbox, etc.. I will gladly try to see if perhaps your video does provide audio when playing pcm directly and make a change to the capabilities. I need to see proof before my eyes(and in my ears) that these can play directly in order to alter our auto-detection. I hope you understand. :)

FYI: Make sure you are using the Emby Beta of the Roku app. The benefit of the Beta is you will get extra features/bugfixes before they are published in the Roku store version of the app. Both can share your homescreen at the same time.

Edited by speechles