Samsung app not showing episodes under the seasons folder

Leyst

kjhedges

I appreciate what you are saying with regards still being able to play episodes from the home screen. Although, this only works for Next Up.

If I download a latest episode of a tv series, that happens to be a special, then its not that simple to play that episode. Its wither play all and skip through them, or cast from pc or phone.

Havent got alexa to work completely yet, so thats not an option.

Like I said, I really like Emby and fully recommend it to everyone. I use it on Roku, Samsung Tvs, tablet, phones ect.  Family have access to it too.

Its just that the orsay samsung app seems to be getting worse and worse with every server update now.. 

This happened before I found Emby, when I was with Plex.

I have the month left on subscription still, so hopefully something happen before then.

Thanks for the feedback. By the way another workaround is you could create a playlist and then add that series to the playlist, and then play the episodes from the playlist.

The playlist view will actually be somewhat similar to the episodes list view that you'd normally get - the thumbnails will just be smaller and there won't be an overview underneath the title.

kjhedges

Do you not have beta testers for for the update of the orsay app and if so, how would I become a part of this? As I would like to test the update.

Am part way through redoing a server for a plex server and just off the bat, Emby by far surpasses the look and feel of plex.

Of which I really want to keep emby, without the need to upgrade a few tvs

FrostByte

Do you not have beta testers for for the update of the orsay app and if so, how would I become a part of this? As I would like to test the update.

Am part way through redoing a server for a plex server and just off the bat, Emby by far surpasses the look and feel of plex.

Of which I really want to keep emby, without the need to upgrade a few tvs

The patch has already been tested and just waiting on Samsung.  The zip isn't available for download because with Orsay the source is easily viewable unlike Tizen

kjhedges

So, from what I believe, this latest version that isnt available, that fixes the issues that samsung orsay users are experiencing, has been tested and ready for sometime.

Reading through the various threads here, we are going back some months now.

So, my question is, how likely is it that this update will be available in the very near future? Like the next few weeks, or are we continuing to wait months for an update.

And all this hinges on the fact that the emby team dont want users viewing there source code.

So, my question is, how likely is it that this update will be available in the very near future?

I can't give an answer to this as they are no longer accepting updates for your model in the dev portal. I have to convince our Samsung contact to allow us to push an update and so far i haven't heard back from them on this.

kjhedges

So from that, I am assuming that no update is forthcoming for Samsung TVs on Orsay OS.

That is such a shame.

Nevermind, why worry about the few, when the many are cared for.

FrostByte

All companies stop supporting their older technologies eventually.  I was kind of surprised Samsung was so quick in dropping Orsay though.  Trying to cut costs I guess, no DV and recently dropped DTS on their TV line-up also

You might be better off checking into a Shield or Roku though if Samsung doesn't pull through 

kjhedges

I do already have other devices that i use with Emby.

Have been using a roku for many years for both Emby and Plex.

But, the question of this thread is as is. "Samsung app not showing episodes under the seasons folder"

There hasnt been any solid response with this issue, other than "we are waiting" or in effect buy another device to suit Emby.

Im sorry, but this does not resolve an issue with this app.  Its been many months now, and we still have no resolve. (Ideal for emby developers, because in time tvs with break and the problem will fade away)

It has been pointed out that fixes have been made for this and await on samsung, (pass the buck). And the only reasoning for not sideloading the app is due to people seeing the code of the app. There are solutions to this aswell, but developer neglect to do anything, other than wait. But in the mean time, a select few on here are privy to this update.

kjhedges

OK, So no update on the Samsung Orsay app being updated.

But, surely, as you know the fix and the same issue applies on the community app, can someone not just fix the community app.

OK, So no update on the Samsung Orsay app being updated.

But, surely, as you know the fix and the same issue applies on the community app, can someone not just fix the community app.

Has this issue been reported in the community app? I wasn’t aware that is was.

kjhedges

I assumed that it had been reported.

On the community app, samsung orsay, the main page doesnt show the content of latest TV ect. although it is there. So, i can blindly navigate to a latest tv episode and click on ok on remote and it shows the same as official app.

So the issue is there, along with other issues with regard the main page ect.

I also note that JellyFin, although server code is different now, the same said community app being version 2.2.6 works fine. (I know that the said software is a rip of off emby/MediaBrowser, thus why I believe that it is worth the money to be with emby) sadly the support although very good, is still lacking in certain areas)

Same problem here.

A workaround was to rescan librarys in the server console. After that, in Emby client, enter the TV section, DO NOT select any order (if you do, the magic dissapears!), go to the serie you whish and open it. No error 500 and you cold see the seasons and episodes. Open a chapter and see it, but leave it at middle. Now it appears in your seeing section. Reopen it and voilá, there is a episodes selection, you can navigate the full tvseries.