Fire Tv Backdrops

Scott310
Go to solution Solved by Scott310,

Scott310

Hey Guys,

Just a quick question.  Are the backdrops on the movie detail page supposed to be cycling through (rotating)?  It was happening for me a little bit when I first got my fire tv but recently I noticed that it picks one backdrop and stays static.  I am noticing this now because of the lack of video backdrop support.  I have always used Xbox and had video backdrops for my movies.  Now with fire tv I have theme songs enabled and would like to at least see rotating backdrops while I patiently wait for video backdrop support to come to the app.

Am I crazy? They are supposed to be rotating right?

Scott310

Hmmm, I selected movies that have over 20 backdrops each and it stayed static on one backdrop never changing. U waited for 10 minutes and it didnt change. It was changing when I first tried fire TV and then stopped

Scott310

Ok so I dont know if this helps but if I click on any movie I get a static backdrop. But if I click play movie or the trailer, then back out of it the backdrops will begin rotating. Any ideas?

Not sure.  I'll have to check it out.  What is the exact version number of the app you are using?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.  I believe I have found and fixed this for the next release.

Thanks for reporting.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Solution
Scott310

Just to report back. 

Backdrops are rotating again on fire tv cube.

Thanks!