using emby on samnsung H and ES

contenitore21

FrostByte

Yes, except for a couple of the lower end 2015 J-series TV models which were Orsay also.  I still have my old TV so will load 2.2.4 this weekend and try it out

• Like 1

FrostByte

If you don't live in the US, UK or Ireland then you will need to change the region on your TV to see the official app in the Samsung store.  Once the app gets released in your region then you can change it back

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/45404-how-to-install-the-official-emby-app-on-a-samsung-smart-tv-outside-the-us-uk-and-ireland/

Edited by FrostByte

contenitore21

Just a question, but in this way i'll reset smart hub?

if yes, there's a different way that doesn't reset smart hub?

Cause i've installed an app from Usb-key, i've changed model to start PVR and i would not lose these things.

Model 40h6400

Change Samsung Smart TV Hub region for H-series (2014) TVs

1. Click on the “Menu” button on your Samsung remote control.
  2. Go to “Smart Hub”.
  3. Select “Reset Smart Hub”. Enter PIN if prompted.
  4. Press Smart Hub remote key
  5. When the Terms & Conditions screen appears, click the following buttons on your remote control:  », 2, 8, 9, « 
  6. A list of all supported countries on your Samsung Smart TV will appear after a few seconds. Choose US as region
  7. Agree with the Samsung Terms.
  8. Continue the setup from the Samsung store as usual.

FrostByte

Unfortunately, there is no usb update with the official app.  The only way to get the official app is via the Samsung store and right now it's only available in the Samsung store if your region is US, UK, or Ireland. 

Yes, changing your region will reset your SmartHub.  Any and all apps you have now will have to be reloaded and settings will need to be redone.  Also, if there are apps which are only available in your current region then you may not have access to them any more.

FrostByte

That only works with the older unofficial third party Orsay Samsung app.  That app isn't being actively developed any more and the developers are long gone.  There are a couple people around who may be able to make small changes to it, but that's about it.  It's really up to you which app you want to use.

contenitore21

I prefer to use the unofficial cause it doesn't need to reset smart hub, but if the problems I have highlighted depend on it then I would prefer the official , but if I have to reset the smart hub .....

In short, it's a big problem. If I were at least sure that with the official I would no longer have the same problems ....

THX

• 1 month later...
contenitore21
I'm back here. I installed emby in a raspberry and I access it from the TV and now i see my contents.

Problems:

1. When I select genres on tv-emby-app I get a 500 response code as if the server were not online

2. If I insert (by PC) tags on the server files, how can I search for and select these tags from TV? (My tv emby app was installed by 173.230.139.54: is this the unofficial app you say?)

Returning to the problem of the unofficial app, I ask:

3. If I change region to install the official app will I then be able to use the SmartIPtv app which is now active from usb-key?

4. If I change region will I lose the PVR activation I made by changing the 6400 to 6500 model with the secret menu?

Thx

p.s: i'm finding on this forum others way to install emby, like https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/51345-how-to-host-the-orsay-samsung-app-from-your-own-web-server/ and others: are they still good for my goal?

Edited by contenitore21

If you're getting a 500 response code from Emby Server then please attach the emby server log. @@FrostByte may know the answers to the other questions. thanks.

FrostByte

I don't recall ever using search in the old app.  contenitore21, if you want I can hook up my old TV again and check.

Also, Luke mentioned there may be a way to side-load the official app here soon so that you won't have to change the region on your TV to get it.  Changing your TVs region will cause you to lose all your local apps, so unless you can find a version in the new region that you can use I would hold off a little on doing that.

Edited by FrostByte

contenitore21

THX to all i will read and reply tomorrow, now i can't

Inviato dal mio LEX720 utilizzando Tapatalk

contenitore21

@@Luke

today or tomorrow i'll activate log and then post it

Filter by tags could be useful for me (it is not very different to filter or browse for me) but it is possible only in W10 app, not in tv app, neither official, nor unofficial nor old one: right?

@FrostByte:
I don't understand which is the old app you say here https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/70972-orsay-emby-app-v224-not-showing-mkv-subtitles/&do=findComment&comment=746936: The unofficial or other one?

I'll wait for new way to get official app without changing region not to risk, but I think that even changing region I could use the Smartiptv app that I have on USB and I shouldn't miss the change of model from 6400 to 6500 that I did to get the pvr: does it seem likely?

if you can try without difficulty to  hook up your old TV again and check it can be useful for me

TO all:

Thank you all for your help, I'm a little busy today and I'll do more tests and write as soon as possible. I leave the other post https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/70972-orsay-emby-app-v224-not-showing-mkv-subtitles/&do=findComment&comment=746913
and I write in this one.
If you have other suggestions, my goal is to classify my video content by genre and tag (mine, not taken from the internet) and browse by genre and tag on TV.

FrostByte

@@Luke

today or tomorrow i'll activate log and then post it

Filter by tags could be useful for me (it is not very different to filter or browse for me) but it is possible only in W10 app, not in tv app, neither official, nor unofficial nor old one: right?

@FrostByte:

I don't understand which is the old app you say here https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/70972-orsay-emby-app-v224-not-showing-mkv-subtitles/&do=findComment&comment=746936: The unofficial or other one?

I'll wait for new way to get official app without changing region not to risk, but I think that even changing region I could use the Smartiptv app that I have on USB and I shouldn't miss the change of model from 6400 to 6500 that I did to get the pvr: does it seem likely?

if you can try without difficulty to  hook up your old TV again and check it can be useful for me

TO all:

Thank you all for your help, I'm a little busy today and I'll do more tests and write as soon as possible. I leave the other post https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/70972-orsay-emby-app-v224-not-showing-mkv-subtitles/&do=findComment&comment=746913
and I write in this one.
If you have other suggestions, my goal is to classify my video content by genre and tag (mine, not taken from the internet) and browse by genre and tag on TV.

The old app (the unofficial one) is the one you're installing from IP using the instructions in the forum here and was created by a couple users like you and I who wanted to create a native Samsung app.  However, it is no longer being actively developed by the people who created it who are no longer around much, and because Luke has now created his own official Emby app for Samsung TVs.  There are a couple other users around who have made very minor changes in order for the old app to still function when/if server changes break it, but that's about it.   I wouldn't expect anything new with this app unless a new user decides to pick it up and work on it again.

The official app (the one developed by Luke and SamES) is the one downloaded from the Samsung store.  Right now this app is only available in the store for those whose TV region is set to US, UK or Ireland until either a deal is worked out with Samsung to have it released world-wide, or a secure way is made available to side-load it and then Luke can make it available to download from somewhere else that everyone can get it without changing their TV region.

Okay, I'll have my old TV set up by the end of day and reload the old unofficial app on it to help me remember how to use it.

Edited by FrostByte

contenitore21

Ok, you were very clear, I think I finally understood, thank you so much. i'm going to activate log for Luke.

edit: I don't know how to activare emby log on raspberry. Where can i find instructions? Thx

Edited by contenitore21

Ok, you were very clear, I think I finally understood, thank you so much. i'm going to activate log for Luke.

edit: I don't know how to activare emby log on raspberry. Where can i find instructions? Thx

How to report a problem. Thanks.

FrostByte

I have my TV with 2014 SmartHub and the old community app running on it now.  Are you still having issues with search or genres?

contenitore21

If i select genre i receive return code 500. In next hours i try to activate logs AnD post it. Thx

Inviato dal mio LEX720 utilizzando Tapatalk

• Like 1

FrostByte

Yes, I get the same thing now.  I'm guessing there was an api change or something else on the server which has broken this

In addition to your sever log you could also take a phone pic of the app log.  I can see the error there also.  Logs on your TV can be viewed from settings.  Luke will still want to see the server log though.