using emby on samnsung H and ES

contenitore21

contenitore21

HI, on my ts212 i would classify my videos by keywords and research its by these keywords (like History,maths,Germany,China,...ecc.)

Now i use twonky that does not allow it and plex is too big for my nas.

Does emby allow my goal?

thanks 

• 1 month later...
contenitore21

hi, i've installed emby on my ts212 and i've set a multimedia library on emby.

How can i see emby on my smart tv samsung?

I see regularly multimedia contents of nas by DLNA and Twonky as network unit on tv, but i don't see emby in such mode: is it possible and how? Thanx

Edited by contenitore21

contenitore21

I installed emby on nas qnap ts212. can I see emby from samsung h and ES as a network drive (like i do with twonky) or do i have to install the app?

FrostByte

Do you have DLNA enabled on the server?  You may be able to see Emby then without the offical app

contenitore21

Yes i have dlna on server, but i don't see emby on tv

Inviato dal mio LEX720 utilizzando Tapatalk

contenitore21

it's a little weird. I access emby from a timvision network player but not from samsung tvs. Another question: to browse through the contents using the tags you need the app or you can do without the app from TV?

contenitore21

it's a little weird. I access emby from a timvision network player but not from samsung tvs. Another question: to browse through the contents using the tags you need the app or you can do without the app from TV?

We do support dlna. Can you try shutting other dlna software on the Nas, then restart emby server? Thanks.

contenitore21

Thanx to you. Shutting do you mean shutting off? I dont know how to do it, i'll try. Thx

contenitore21

ok, i've shutted off dlna and twonky on nas but all remains the same. On TimVision decoder/player i see emby (is too slow to navigate in folders but it works), on samsung tvs i don't see emby

contenitore21
Here I am, I'll answer you right away, apologizing for English but it's a google translation. I enclose the last 3 logs. The following things happen.

1. from samsung tv H I do not see emby as a network resource

2. I installed on tv emby app, it connects to the server but remains on the homepage without contents.

3. on a timvision decoder I see emby and contents but surf very slowly

4. I installed the emby app on PC, I surf well, but if I change the metadata (for example gender) then how do I browse by genre?

5. from smartphone as well as safely into emby

Thanks for your help, I'll read you in the afternoon, I think.

Log2mar.txt

Log3mar00.txt

Log3mar07.txt

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
contenitore21

where is this feature? I'm having a lot of trouble because emby responds very slowly when I pilot him from the nas. Perhaps because the ts212 is too small. Furthermore samsung smart TVs do not see emby as a source and from the app they see the server on nas but do not access the contents. I'm continuing to try but with difficulty. Thank you

contenitore21

I open app in TV, i log in my server then i see only thisac94b4fd9cc7a5303f0b4846b73b000c.jpg

Ok I've merged your two topics as it will be easier to keep the discussion in one place.

Is your TV a 2015 tizen?