"Not allowed to use restricted network port" (WebkitErrorDomain:103)

nwtxd

When I try to Browse Library or Configure Emby I receive the above error message. I have delete the Emby Server App and re-installed without any success. I had to replace my BT Hub a few days ago. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

maegibbons

You need to upload your emby server log so people can see whats happening.

This is explained in the pinned post "how to report a problem" in this subforum.

Krs

Mark

I'm unable to access the Emby Dashboard and I do not see any reference from the "how to report a problem" in relation to OS X.

Happy2Play

How/why did you set Emby to port "1"?  localhost:1

Or is that a shortcut link as the url doesn't appear correct?

Edited by Happy2Play

The details from the screenshot is the results from me try to browse the library from the Emby app.  Emby was work alright until I had to change my router to a BT SmartHub 2.

Happy2Play

The details from the screenshot is the results from me try to browse the library from the Emby app.  Emby was work alright until I had to change my router to a BT SmartHub 2.

What do you get if you go to http://localhost:8096?

Edited by Happy2Play
corrected url

Safari Can't Connect to the Server. Safari can't open the page "localhost:8096/?" because safari can't connect to the server"localhost".

Happy2Play

Safari Can't Connect to the Server. Safari can't open the page "localhost:8096/?" because safari can't connect to the server"localhost".

Sorry I corrected the url as the "?" was added. "localhost" assumes you are on the same machine Emby is installed on.

Happy2Play

OS X 10.14.3

I don't know OS X, but are you sure Emby is actually running?  Is Emby installed on that machine?

Happy2Play

Since I am not familiar with your OS I am not sure of the location of the server logs, but a quick look in the MacOS forum would appear to be "/Users/{username}/.config/emby-server".

Can you post a server log.

@@Luke

I think the How to Report a Problem needs these locations per OS.

Hi All

I've delete the Emby App and the .config/emby-server folder and then re-installed the application and all is well now. Thanks for the help.

• Like 1