Playback error when resume

Thuzad
Go to solution Solved by Thuzad,

• 2 weeks later...
Thuzad

Any news for this issue ?

This problem is already present when I have two files for one media.

Thuzad
Same problem with only one file this time, but two audio tracks.

I do not know what to do to unblock the situation. Usually I delete one of the two files but the I can not in this situation.

Do you have a release date? The problem becomes blocking, I can not even use Emby anymore!

@@Luke - any idea about the websocket errors he's seeing in the console? Could these be relevant to the issue?

@@Floflobel - could you please

• Restart Emby
  • pick the most relevant scenario that isn't working
  • reproduce with Chrome as client
  • Post logs
    • Sever log
    • Hardware detection log
    • ffmpeg log(s)  - only in case there were multiple ffmpeg logs generated for the single(!) failed playback attempt

Thanks

Thuzad

@@Floflobel - could you please

• Restart Emby
  • pick the most relevant scenario that isn't working
  • reproduce with Chrome as client
  • Post logs
  • Sever log
  • Hardware detection log
  • ffmpeg log(s) - only in case there were multiple ffmpeg logs generated for the single(!) failed playback attempt
Thanks
Attach media ?

Attach media ?

That would only be the next step in case I can't identify the cause.

Thuzad

@softworkz:

- Take two same media with 2 version (for me one in English and other in French)
- Put them at two different places
- Create a movie library or TV Show library, redirecting to both media

We now have the media with two present version on Emby

- Launch the media and go more than 5 minutes so that Emby proposes the button to resume where I had stopped
- Close the media and go to the home page
- Click again on the media and resume playback
- Stream error

I sent you the logs and I attached the media, so if you do not find the problem, you will have everything available.

No that's the output. Can you reproduce on video files that do not have any subtitles?

Thuzad

Ok I think I understood by looking a little more on the internet. This is the library used to display subtitles in HTML5?
I will look for another file without subtitles having the same problem.

BTW: In your logs, I haven't seen any indication that this issue could be related to the duplicate sources that your having.

In theory that could have been things like using the wrong file's subtitle configuration or video and audio track indexes etc.

But I couldn't find any indication of that.

That's why I'm pretty sure that you would still see the same problem when removing the other file (having 'FRENCH' in the title).

This would be another test you could do, though - just to be 100% sure that it's not related to having multiple sources.

(when you try this, don't forget to do a full library scan after removing the other file)

Thuzad

Hello,
Sorry for the long response time, I just performed the test by moving my file *FRENCH*.mkv so that it is no longer in my library.
Before moving it I started my series, then I tried to resume reading, I had the same error message.
After it was moved and the scan of the library is done I was able to restart my file without problem.

Hello,

Sorry for the long response time, I just performed the test by moving my file *FRENCH*.mkv so that it is no longer in my library.

Before moving it I started my series, then I tried to resume reading, I had the same error message.

After it was moved and the scan of the library is done I was able to restart my file without problem.

Hmm that's not what I had expected.

Would you be able to send a log from the successful resume?

Maybe we'll get behind this mysterious behavior by comparing with the previous log...

Thuzad

I send the log as soon as I can restart my server.

Edited by Floflobel

• 1 month later...
  • Solution
Thuzad

I did not succeed in reproducing the problem. If I have the problem again I will send you more information. You may consider the problem solved.

Thank you for your help !

• Like 1