alexa tells me the skill is no longer available

Boredcat

Boredcat

I was able to link my emby account to the Alexa skill.

But when I asked > Alexa ask emby <whatever> I got the message "the skill is no longer available "...

Tried to disable to skill and enbale it again..  no luck

Any ideas ..

Hey @Angleblue05 I know it's too late because the invocation is "emby home", but did you ever notice that Alexa think you say "n. b." written exactly like that or "n. b. a." written like that?

I was finally able to get Alexa to understand "emby" as this two options for my Xbox controller skill.

Edited by chef

Boredcat

Removed the skill and added it again. I got it working for 5 minutes. Now its responding that the emby skill is no longer available.

Looking into the history it hears n.b instead  of m.b  

Have to find a way to solve this.. 

Edited by Boredcat

Angelblue05

I haven’t personally seen this but I know some users experience it. I don’t really have control over this. That’s why the invocation was changed from emby to emby home. Emby being spelled like - m. b. . Why Alexa hears “a” instead of home I have no idea.

Boredcat

The issue might be that I am not native english speaker and then it sometimes hears n b  instead of m b home. 

Angelblue05

The issue might be that I am not native english speaker and then it sometimes hears n b  instead of m b home. 

Does it change if you move the echo device closer to you? Does she understand you better?

Boredcat

It seems that using begin Emby Home is better then ask emby home. At least i now get 80% right.

Tried saying the command closer and further again, doesn't made a difference (have several dot's and a show).

But I am happy now, using the Alex's now to play music.. have to accept to just repeat the command. Lucky for pause / next / resume, emby home is not used.

You did a great job creating this skill.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

It seems that using begin Emby Home is better then ask emby home. At least i now get 80% right.

Tried saying the command closer and further again, doesn't made a difference (have several dot's and a show).

But I am happy now, using the Alex's now to play music.. have to accept to just repeat the command. Lucky for pause / next / resume, emby home is not used.

You did a great job creating this skill.

Thank you. Are you playing music directly on the device? If so, you can set repeat mode by saying Alexa, loop or loop off to disable repeat.

Boredcat

Yes I am playing it direct on the alexa device. Planning to buy a echo input and connect it to outdoor speakers.. 

A question from my wife, can use the emby to stream music direct to the echo ?.(so without voice activation).

• Like 1

Angelblue05

To your wife, it’s not possible because the echo is not an emby client in the true sense. It’s impossible to interact with it directly via emby.

• Like 1

In a round-about way this is possible. You can use the bluetooth of the echo speaker and pair to a device with an emby client running and achieve this.

• Like 2