Cache All Artwork - 4.09a

georgewill76

georgewill76

Hi

I am running a Minix U9 with Coreelec 9.0.  I have updated the Emby for Kodi app to ver 4.09a.  I noticed there is a new function for cache all artwork.  I clicked on it but nothing happens.  Previously with version 3 of the app when I clicked on it, the app would scan my directories and pull in the artwork.  How does the new cache all artwork function work with 4.09a

Angelblue05

It should work the same. Post your Kodi log, thanks. There must be an error I’m unaware of, that’s preventing the script from launching. It launches fine on my side.

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

@@georgewill76

Please restart Kodi (or Emby for Kodi). You'll see a new patch applied. Try it again. If it crashes, it's possible the task is simply too intensive to complete. Let me know.

Angelblue05

Ok, I am thinking of possible solutions here... Are you willing to help test a few builds right now and provide a Kodi log?

georgewill76

@Angelblue05

Applied the latest patch and ran cache all artwork.  Noticed that while it was caching it would get to a certain amount, pause for a couple of seconds and resume.  It did this a few times.  This time it nearly got to the end, crashed at 21000 out of 24945 and rebooted kodi.  Please find log file attached.

log-2019-02-25-22.55.06.zip

• Like 1

georgewill76

@Angelblue05

Applied the latest patch.  This time it was able to cache all the artwork but then it went to a second stage called waiting for threads to exit.  It counted down slowly but then froze and restarted kodi.  Thought I should attach log file since this is a new error

log-2019-02-26-00.19.43.zip

log-2019-02-26-00.27.35.zip

• Like 1

georgewill76

@@Angelblue05

Noticed update to 4.10a, so updated my system. Ran cache all artwork and able to complete that part. Then moves to waiting for threads to exit. Previously it wouldn’t get far but on this version after 3 attempts it completed the exit procedure. Also, with 4.10a every time I start Kodi or reboot Kodi it tells me a patch has been applied, like its in a loop. Within 10mins of using Kodi patch has been applied 5 times. Do you need log files?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
TechLife

Just downloaded 4.0.11 from the beta repo and it fixed all of my artwork issues.  Thanks!!

• Like 1