Accidental deletion

chrispykreme

chrispykreme

For me one of the confusing parts of using the Downloads aspect of the iOS app is when I have finished watching something and I go to delete it.

The default screen which shows the trashcan actually deletes the file from the server not just from your iPad. To be fair it does always warn you that it will remove it from the file system; but i would expect if I am in the My Downloads list, clicking delete removes it from this list rather than the server.

To actually delete the file from my iPad you need to click the gears icon first, then choose delete from the next screen.

I would have thought the normal use case would be

1) Download movie to watch offline

2) After watching, remove the file from my iPad to save space

Is there anyway to change this default behaviour?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
SteveDC

I agree. I accidentally deleted something I didn't want to because of this !!! :angry:

It should take multiple steps to delete from the server and the default should be ONLY from the local download.

I only found out how to delete ONLY from the iPhone by accident.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
mrmarkfr

I ran into this today when deleting a season off my ipad, has there been any update?  What's the easiest way to remove a season at a time?  Any chance that there will be an implementation of something similar to what Netflix has done, and remove media from the downloads once it's been watched?

I ran into this today when deleting a season off my ipad, has there been any update?  What's the easiest way to remove a season at a time?  Any chance that there will be an implementation of something similar to what Netflix has done, and remove media from the downloads once it's been watched?

Hi, we already support this if you create the download at the parent folder level such as the series folder.

mrmarkfr

Hi, we already support this if you create the download at the parent folder level such as the series folder.

I did this on the weekend, from the series folder, season level, and when I tried to remove the season from my ipad, it gave me the warning I was deleting media from my server.

That's actually just an erroneous confirmation message due to it being handled generically like deleting any other content. We'll look at it. Thanks.