Favourites on left of main screen

fizzyade

fizzyade

Any chance of having the favourites option on the main options list, would make the software much more wife friendly.

Can’t see anyway of doing it.

• Like 2

fizzyade

On the Android app, you have my media, up next etc.

Having favourites as a shortcut to to the fabourites section would be convenient and a time saver for navigation.

fizzyade

@@Luke in your terminology it’s home screen rows, it would be cool to be able to set one to favourites.

I’m using the android tv client btw on the shield,

• 6 months later...
vdatanet

Yes, a favourites row could be usefull for my family. I'm tired of looking for movies that may interest them. They do not strain at all. They do not usually move from the home screen.  :D

Edited by vdatanet

• 2 months later...
fizzyade

This will be in the next release of the app.

Thanks Luke! i’d forgotten about this, will definitely be a winner in our house.

fizzyade

This will be in the next release of the app.

i can’t even being to tell you how much more efficient this has made the app, thank you for listening and adding it.  i hope others find the new shortcut just as useful!

• Like 1

MBSki

Can you also allow marking a library as a favorite? I normally do everything through a specific library and would like to be able to jump to a specific library quickly rather than to a specific show.

Can you also allow marking a library as a favorite? I normally do everything through a specific library and would like to be able to jump to a specific library quickly rather than to a specific show.

Hi.  If you sorted that library first, it would always be the first item selected when the home screen comes up.

MBSki

Yes, and that's how I've got it setup now. Being able to favorite the libraries provides a little bit more flexibility though.

• 2 weeks later...
NeoMatrix

This is excellent news...

I downloaded the latest of play store....

V1.754g but I still cannot see how to add my favourites to the home screen...

Is there a newer version available ?

Happy New year...........

Hi.  It has not been released yet.  It is in beta testing.  There will be an announcement when the new version is available.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...
fizzyade

@@ebr Is the favorites on a left menu still in progress? I don't see it in the Android TV or Android Mobile beta. 

It appears along the top of the screen, I think the design paridgm changed since I requested this, but it's the same effect, instead of on the left it's on the top of the screen. (as there's nothing on the left in Android TV)

• Like 1

MBSki

It appears along the top of the screen, I think the design paridgm changed since I requested this, but it's the same effect, instead of on the left it's on the top of the screen. (as there's nothing on the left in Android TV)

Ah, ok. I'm a relatively new Emby user so I've always seen that favorites icon at the top. I thought it was going to be a left menu that listed each content type. So I could click left and see:

• Favorite Shows
  • Favorite Videos
  • Favorite Channels
  • Favorite Playlists

Clicking on any one of those would take me to a grid view of the specific content type I selected. That would be preferable.