Auto-selection for audio/subs not working

loeffelpan

loeffelpan

Just tried that. Playback worked so far via smb when optional network path is set. Like that.

But I noticed that audio and subtitle selection I made in Emby isn’t recognized using Kodi 18.1 in my iPad (neither with or without forcing HTTP). With Kodi 17.6 Krypton in OSMC (RasPi) everything works fine. Maybe a bug in your addon concerning Leia.

Should I open an issue on github for that?

Angelblue05

There's no bug I believe. Provide your Kodi log capturing playback you think is setting the wrong track.

Edited by Angelblue05

loeffelpan

Here is my log.

Kodi 18.1 on iPad.

https://pastebin.com/NCD1sXeu

Played "Nur 36 Stunden" from series "Blindspot" with selected english audio and subtiltle track.

As I can see in the log EMBY.helper.playutils gets the default tracks correctly from the server (line 85):

u'DefaultAudioStreamIndex': 2
u'DefaultSubtitleStreamIndex': 3

After that EMBY.player creates the inputstream with the right tracks (line 92):

u'AudioStreamIndex': 2
u'SubtitleStreamIndex': 3

But in lines 106 to 108 kodi is selecting audio stream with ID 3 which is the "wrong" german audio track in this test setup.

At least EMBY.player reports in line 196 Played info to the server what switches default subtile and audio track back to german with none subtitles after stop of the playback in kodi.

u'SubtitleStreamIndex': None
u'AudioStreamIndex': 1

On OSMC with Kodi 17.6 everything is fine.

Edited by loeffelpan
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

Thanks for the log, will look into it and let you know.

I will split your post, so it doesn't get lost.

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

Ok I will have to put a custom build together to troubleshoot this one. I can't seem to replicate it, even though I see in your logging that the index changes somehow. I'll ping you once the build is ready. Thank you

• 3 weeks later...