iOS 9/10 - Freeze after resume

chuga

Hi

With newest version of iOS app and server I have an issue where if I pause a movie and then Try to resume it will freeze. I have to restart the app and then it resumes and plays without freezing. Ideas?

Hi there, can you please discuss an example? thanks.

Hi - see attached for logs.

I just tried to play Forrest Gump on ios App.  I paused it and then tried to unpause/play.  It plays for ~1sec then freezes.

I have tried this on several movies and had same result.

thanks

embyserver.txt

ffmpeg-directstream-ec2db989-1543-40d5-98b9-99b70b95b87d_1.txt

How long did you pause for?

just a few seconds on that test

if you want me to repeat the test and pause for a certain amount of time let me know

thanks

Edited by chuga

Hi. My frends report to me about same problem on IOS 10.3.3 (Iphone 5)  and IOS 9.3.5 (Ipad mini 1). 
When he pause any movie and then click Play, the movie starts play for 2 seconds and then pauses itself. You can hit Play again, but it plays 2 sec and pause again.
On Iphone 6s (IOS 11.2.6) this problem does not appear.

samuelqwe

I am on an iPad 4 with ios10

Same issue here, with the same device. I can usually play a TV episode completely, but the next one I play pauses on it’s own after a second, even if I keep pressing play again and again. Only force closing the app allows me to watch another episode.

Ok so this is specific to iOS 9/10. That is using the native apple player instead of the new player we have for iOS 11+.

We will look into this. Thanks guys.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @ Luke, any luck with this?

if not, is there any way I can roll back to an older version of the IOS app where this did not occur?

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I have this same problem. 
Whenever I pause any video (for any duration), when I resume it plays for a millisecond and pause again. press resume again results in same behavior.  
-
iOS: 9.3.5 / iPad 2nd gen.
Server Version 4.0.3.0
app version 1.7.6
(this problem existed in the last release as well). 
-

Thank you :)

Rohanaj

I’ve noticed this issue on both an old iPad 3 as well as iPad 4 (so running iOS 9/10 as @@Luke previously mentioned).

To be exact, though, I have only noticed this being a problem if I pause it long enough for the screen to begin to dim - it doesn’t need to fully lock the screen (or go to sleep, however you look at it), just that it gets to the point of starting the dimming/screensaver process. From that point on, it plays for a second and pauses as described by others.

However, if I pause playback and resume it again without ever letting the screen begin to dim (which basically means tapping the screen every 10-15 seconds to prevent that process), playback starts right back up correctly.

Not sure if any of that info helps you identify the cause, Luke, but hopefully it does.

• 1 month later...
phi45

Hi, 
I'd like to report that the issue still persists as of yesterday's (1.7.7) update :( 

iOS: 9.3.5 / iPad 2nd gen.
Server Version 4.1.0.26
app version 1.7.7
 (this problem existed in the last release as well). 

-

• 3 weeks later...
RobbyBobby

Latest macOS + Emby Server, latest iOS and Emby app: Had a hell of a time getting an audiobook to resume on my iPad yesterday, connected via WiFi to local network.

As it wouldn't resume, I had to hit play to start from the beginning (which it did) and then manually move to the resume point, at which point it wouldn't play. UNLESS I moved back or forward through the book and then it would play, but only for a short while. Very strange I thought. I had to repeat this process a few times till I gave up. I should add that the app did not crash, but simply refused to resume the audiobook / suddenly stopped, and I tried the above on both Safari and the iOS Emby app. 

So I listened to it on my Mac Mini instead.  :)  My point being that there was no issue with the audio file (MP3) per se.

Edited by RobbyBobby
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
samuelqwe

Apologies for the delay. We are looking into this.

Thanks, I’ve been using Emby in Safari on my old iPad because of this. Would really like to be able to use the app soon.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
samuelqwe

Just a heads up, the issue is still present, even with the latest beta of the Emby app on iOS.

My device is the iPad 4 running iOS 10.3.3

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, 

I'd like to report that the issue still persists as of yesterday's (1.7.9) update

Server Version 4.1.1.0

app version 1.7.9

-

Tried with 4.2.0.40 ..  the issue still persists

Server Version 4.2.0.40
app version 1.8.0
Edited by phi45

• 3 weeks later...