Plugin/Client - Manage/Show Forced Subtitles

TheRealScottR

TheRealScottR

I'd like media browser server to automatically find external files that contain the English subtitles, for foreign speaking, on English films.

Example: I want to see subtitles for aliens in District 9.

It would be great to see a plugin that fetched that information for all my movies, because I haven't found a great way to burn it directly into the MP4 rip.

Ghostm

I dont know if this is exactly what your requesting but i was looking at the subtitle feature added to the latest dev build, wether its possible im unsure but i would like an option to only download forced subtitles to further configure the subtitle downloader. I only use subs if i need forced subtitles for english films with foreign dialogue.  Ex. Avatar the navi speaking scenes. 

But if they are not claimed to be forced subtitles in the title or people have not uploaded the forced subtitles for the movie, then i assume your out of luck.

Edited by Ghostm

Koleckai Silvestri

The capability to download subtitles if they are missing will be added to the server in the future.

Currently you can set the system to show forced subtitles for each user under preferences in the dashboard. This requires client support of course. In MBT and MBC, you can set subtitle preferences with the LAV audio codec settings.

TheRealScottR

I dont know if this is exactly what your requesting but i was looking at the subtitle feature added to the latest dev build, wether its possible im unsure but i would like an option to only download forced subtitles to further configure the subtitle downloader. I only use subs if i need forced subtitles for english films with foreign dialogue.  Ex. Avatar the navi speaking scenes. 

But if they are not claimed to be forced subtitles in the title or people have not uploaded the forced subtitles for the movie, then i assume your out of luck.

Yes, the subtitles you describe are precisely what I'm interested in.  My preferred ripping tool does not allow me to easily burn the subtitles into my rips, so I'm hoping to add them after the fact.