Play Cromecast via Windows 10 PC

videopalace

videopalace
The icon for casting to Chromecast on the different available apps for windows gives no possibility to connect to a Chromecast (only with THIS PC and Smartphones.

Is there a solution for this?

The icon for casting to Chromecast on the different available apps for windows gives no possibility to connect to a Chromecast (only with THIS PC and Smartphones.

Is there a solution for this?

Use Chrome browser on PC to Chromecast from Emby via connect or local server or remote server. That's the only PC option for Chromecast, or just cast from your phone. 

I'm just a user, btw.

videopalace

Ok Ik know that. But it cast good when you don't use subtitles. When you use subtitles the movie plays on the Chromecast and the subtitles on the pc.

And that's not good working In think.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn moto e5 plus met Tapatalk

Sounds to me like you're not using the Emby chromecast method, and casting some other way. Is that correct?

videopalace
I have opened the emby web app via chrome (http://app.emby.media/#!/home.html) and I get the emby homepage. I then press the cast icon of the website and then get the opportunity to cast to 'this PC' and 'smarthphone' but no possibility to cast to the relevant chromecast.

So what goes wrong?

Because starting with chrome 72 it is only allowed in secure contexts.

That means you now need to setup ssl to use the web app over https.

Or you can use it over localhost, or use our Android or iOS app.

videopalace

And can every user of my server then stream via chrome with ssl to a Chromecast? (On a PC)

Edited by Patrick1945

videopalace

Good,

I have a domain name and DDNS service via Dynu. Which is the best and easiest way to install an SSL certificate in EMBY server on a Windows 10 pro computer?

Happy2Play

@@Happy2Play do you recall the topic the other day where a windows user posted how they easily created their own certificate? thanks.

Do you mean this one?

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/70541-ssl-how-noobie-did-it-on-windows-7-machine-without-server-software

• 1 year later...

Using Chrome Browser you can use the cast on the browser's hamburger menu to cast to Chromecast.