Combine multiple servers on Home Screen and show as single unified "master interface" so ALL shows and ALL movies are displayed regardless of location

BlazedMonkey

BlazedMonkey

I searched and didn't come up with anything, so here we go:

I currently have 2 servers.  One at my house, and one at my parents house.  As it stands currently, they are listed as 2 separate servers, and I have to switch between them manually.

It would be awesome if these 2 servers could somehow be combined into one massive listing, so the servers are effectively invisible to the user, and they would see ALL tv shows and ALL movies listed when they open the app and look at the home page, instead of having to switch between servers constantly.

I'm aware that this is logistically challenging, but from the end user perspective, it makes logical sense.  People don't care what the source is, they just want to see all their stuff in ONE place, without added hassle.  My 65 year old mother can navigate Emby, but switching servers constantly isn't intuitive.  The latest Plex interface change kind of hinted at this functionality, but not in a seamless way.  On that app, you go to the TV Shows category, then directly under TV Shows it lists all your servers that have a TV Shows category, and you choose which server you want from there.  This is vastly more intuitive than the Emby functionality, but it still isn't quite seamless.

This right here would be the carrot that would finally get me 100% on board with Emby, and ensure that I would be a lifetime subscriber.  

Edited by BlazedMonkey
  • Like 1