No time seeking or resuming available for mkv

Hakarune

Hakarune

So I've been using Emby off and on for a while now on my Android TV, for the past several months I've been using it as my only source after finally abandoning Plex.

The problem is, recently my anime (mkv files) no longer have time controls, like skipping ahead, rewind, resume from xx:xx, etc. My regular movies and TV recordings (mp4,avi,etc) have no issues. I've tested these same anime episodes on my phone app (Android) and via the browser and the time controls all work without issue, it's only the TV.

On the TV I switched it to using external player (VLC) and I can skip, pause, resume, rewind etc without issue as well. What happened to the TV app? The server and TV both update automatically to the newest build/apps when available; is the TV build broken or something? How can I fix this?

Hi.  On the detail page of one of these items, does it show a proper runtime?

If not, can you try refreshing one of them?

Hakarune

No the series's that be the issue so not have time codes even though the videos are the same encoding as other mkv and mp4 files.

A forced manual refresh and replace all metadata now has time attached.

Since the force refresh worked, is there a way to fix the issue on all my shows? Going to each episode for each show isn't something I really want to spend time dying since it's several shows with lots of episodes per show.

post-112721-0-58883400-1551082424_thumb.jpg

post-112721-0-25116800-1551082435_thumb.jpg

post-112721-0-25978500-1551082788_thumb.jpg

Edited by Hakarune

You can also refresh at the show or library level using the web app (but be sure to choose the replace option).

Hakarune

So I've been attempting to force refresh every series, but many episodes aren't updating with the timecode info. It took 3 refreshes of 1 episode to make the timecode info finally come up. It's so sporadic too; a brand new series (7 episodes so far) finished downloading all the episodes at one and then moved them into my library and 3 of 7 didn't have timecode information, but refreshing each episode a couple times brought it up. Is there something I need to fix with this? Also, why do the Android app and web theater not have any issue, it's only the Android TV app?

The android app and web app may be transcoding.  Hard to know.

I would create a new topic in the server section with a server log after one of these episodes is imported to Emby without media information and then maybe we can see what is going on.

Thanks.