Thumbnails aren't generated for some TV shows

paul1965

paul1965

After moving Emby to my PR4100, I've found a few shows that Emby seems to refuse to make thumbnails for (specifically an entire season of Lidia's Kitchen). I've tried rescanning, removing the entire series and loading it back, along with a complete refresh of the metadata. I also checked all the image settings for the library, and moved Screen Grabber to the top of the list for episode image fetching (I left TheTVDB checked). Still no luck. Season 6 doesn't have any thumbnails, season 5 is missing a few (so I see just the cover image from TVDB). Is there another way of forcing Emby to create the thumbnails? Most of this season recorded with WMC from an OTA source, then converted to .mkv with MCEBuddy. I use that same process for many other shows and haven't run into an issue with thumbnails not being generated.

Emby.txt

Occasionally the image extraction can fail for some videos. It is nothing to be alarmed about.

I notice you are using smb library paths. You may see better performance if you can mount those network shares to local shares on the device, and then add the local path to Emby instead.

paul1965

Occasionally the image extraction can fail for some videos. It is nothing to be alarmed about.

I notice you are using smb library paths. You may see better performance if you can mount those network shares to local shares on the device, and then add the local path to Emby instead.

It's correct that a few of my libraries are located on another NAS, but the main one in question (Cooking), is located on the PR4100. It's path is set as /mnt/HD/HD_d2/Cooking. Is there a better way of setting the path so thumbnails get generated? I'm not alarmed by it, it's just annoying to see the TV poster for each episode rather than the thumbnail of it's content (especially when it works for other seasons of the same show).

paul1965

As a QA Analyst, I'd say if Emby was an MVP or I was using a Beta release, that would be an acceptable answer. But since neither of those apply and it's something I paid for, I will respectfully disagree. If the videos in question were some limited use or oddball container then sure, I wouldn't expect full functionality. But thumbnail generation should work across the board for a well established container like mkv.

Edited by paul1965

paul1965

Regarding this suggestion, I did set up Share Aggregation on the PR4100 and added links to the shares on the EX4100. However I don't see them in Emby when I try to point it to them. Where would they be located in the file structure?

paul1965

Admittedly I haven't tried this on a WD before. I'll see what info i can dig up. Thanks.

Thanks. I did some searching on the WD forum and found my share aggregation folder under /etc/dfsroot. Unfortunately, it's the main folder and it appears there is no way to drill down into the individual folders that are on the other NAS. I did create a test folder and pointed it to the main one just to see what it looks like, but I don't think this type of mounting system is going to work (especially when I've linked to 9 folders on the other NAS).

I also did some digging around with SSH and can see the actual links to the other folders, but Emby doesn't like their format (msdfs:10.0.0.55\Media)

Edited by paul1965