Emby not available for UE55MU6640

Molly_kinetic

Molly_kinetic

Hello everyone, I am in the process of giving Emby a good test drive to see if I can migrate away from Plex as I'm not keen on the direction they are heading in.

So far I love it in the web browser and app and it works great on a new TV int he bedroom however on my main TV in the living room, Emby is not in the app store for me, it's just not there.

The TV is a UE55MU6640, it's not that old, a couple of years max.  

This is a bit of a deal breaker for me, I need to get a native Emby client running on this TV and would really appreciate some help.

Thanks!

Molly_kinetic

Thank you for that Admin, I can only choose Belguim, Luxembourg or the Netherlands as countries, There are no others to choose from (the TV was bought in the Netherlands but is now in the UK).

Are there any other ways to get this app onto the TV?

Molly_kinetic

well shit, so no Emby for me at the moment then.

Are you able to say if this will ever be available for my TV or is it not on the cards at all?

• 2 weeks later...
speelgoedauto2

Any ideas how to put the Samsung Emby app on the Samsung UE75MU6179UXZG television? 
Thanks in advance! (regio is the netherlands)

Edited by speelgoedauto2

FrostByte

Any ideas how to put the Samsung Emby app on the Samsung UE75MU6179UXZG television? 

Thanks in advance! (regio is the netherlands)

Have you tried changing your region to one of the other countries, that's the only way right now.

FrostByte

It's going to reset all your apps and then link you to the Samsung store in the UK (or US or Ireland).  Fairly simple process and takes only a few minutes to switch back if you decide to.  If you use any localized app though it may not be for you

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/45404-how-to-install-the-official-emby-app-on-a-samsung-smart-tv-outside-the-us-uk-and-ireland/

• 1 year later...
Molly_kinetic

Just in case it helps anyone else, i tumbled on this today and it worked.  I was able to get rid of the stupid geo lock and now I have emby.

1. Start by setting the source to Tv.
  2. Once you have set the source to TV, press the Menu button, then select the  System sub-menu.
  3. In the system sub-menu you should see a  Set Up option. Click to begin setup.
  4. Continue the setup until you are at the "Smart Hub Terms & Conditions, Privacy Policy" Page. When you are on this page, press the following buttons in a direct sequence.

MUTE - VOL UP - CHANNEL UP - MUTE   or

» - 2 - 8 - 9 - « (this is FFWD - 2 - 8 - 9 - REWIND)
  • Like 1

FrostByte

Just in case it helps anyone else, i tumbled on this today and it worked.  I was able to get rid of the stupid geo lock and now I have emby.

1. Start by setting the source to Tv.
  2. Once you have set the source to TV, press the Menu button, then select the  System sub-menu.
  3. In the system sub-menu you should see a  Set Up option. Click to begin setup.
  4. Continue the setup until you are at the "Smart Hub Terms & Conditions, Privacy Policy" Page. When you are on this page, press the following buttons in a direct sequence.

MUTE - VOL UP - CHANNEL UP - MUTE   or

» - 2 - 8 - 9 - « (this is FFWD - 2 - 8 - 9 - REWIND)

What model/year tv do you have?  

Nice, you didn't change your region then.

Edited by FrostByte