Syncing TV show episodes, but not season folders

downhouse

downhouse

I'm running emby in a docker container on my Synology NAS, the container is running the latest docker image, server version 4.0.2.0, and I'm connecting to it using Kodi 17.6 with the emby beta addon.

The problems I'm having are:

• The library is not updated correctly, episodes of TV shows are correctly marked as watched after finishing, but the season folders are never marked as watched. The season folders can't be manually marked as watched either. This results in me having a bunch of empty season folders visible while all the contents have been marked as watched (when showing only unwatched content). I.e. some parts of the library appear to not sync correctly.
  • The emby addon doesn't respect some settings in Kodi such as not showing the tv show season folder if there is only one season with unwatched episodes.
  • Movie collections are not synced and shown in the movie library. However movies are correctly marked as watched after finishing.

All of these issues started after updating to the new database according to the popup and I've tried completely removing emby and starting over, and the same issue is there.

Are these known issues or am I having some local problems?

Angelblue05

Launch Emby for Kodi, tell me or screenshot what you see in your listing.

Does your movie library say (Dynamic) for example, what about your TV show library?

It just sounds to me like you didn't sync the library and are just navigating them as traditional plugin listing. Kodi settings have no effect on those.

Launch Emby for Kodi > Manage libraries > Add libraries > Select the libraries you want.

Edited by Angelblue05

downhouse

Launch Emby for Kodi, tell me or screenshot what you see in your listing.

Does your movie library say (Dynamic) for example, what about your TV show library?

It just sounds to me like you didn't sync the library and are just navigating them as traditional plugin listing. Kodi settings have no effect on those.

Launch Emby for Kodi > Manage libraries > Add libraries > Select the libraries you want.

Here are some screenshots. The main view doesn't say "Dynamic", I remember it doing at some point before, but I don't really know what that means in the context of emby?

sTpq1tJ.png

There are no libraries to add in "manage libraries":

wtqSrPv.png

VikipfJ.png

wVCNwiT.png

Angelblue05

Dynamic, as I stated above is when the library is not synced to Kodi but it could be. You can navigate the library as a traditional plugin listing and play it.

But that’s not the case here. Can we look at specific examples because I don’t have any issues with marking seasons as watched.

Edited by Angelblue05

downhouse

Dynamic, as I stated above is when the library is not synced to Kodi but it could be. You can navigate the library as a traditional plugin listing and play it.

But that’s not the case here. Can we look at specific examples because I don’t have any issues with marking seasons as watched.

What would you like me to check for, and which logs would you want to see, if any?

I've had many cases where I have a tv show with one or more seasons of unwatched episodes, after watching them the episode is marked as watched, as it should be.

But if I try to mark a season as watched, then it marks all the contained episodes as watched, but the season remains unwatched and since I usually have "unwatched" as my view filter in Kodi, I see empty seasons with only ".." as contents when I enter into them.

It also seems to me that the emby plugin on Kodi is a lot slower than it was before. Previous to the upgrade navigating the libraries was very snappy, but now it takes a few seconds to access any library, season or episode/movie.

Angelblue05

It also seems to me that the emby plugin on Kodi is a lot slower than it was before. Previous to the upgrade navigating the libraries was very snappy, but now it takes a few seconds to access any library, season or episode/movie.

The add-on has no effect on navigation or what Kodi applies settings to. Something else is at play. Emby for Kodi only fills in your database the way Kodi would add your content normally. And if you have add-on playback, then it will tell Kodi what to play. Use a different skin to confirm.

I've had many cases where I have a tv show with one or more seasons of unwatched episodes, after watching them the episode is marked as watched, as it should be.

But if I try to mark a season as watched, then it marks all the contained episodes as watched, but the season remains unwatched and since I usually have "unwatched" as my view filter in Kodi, I see empty seasons with only ".." as contents when I enter into them.

I don't see that happen at all. All episodes and the season are marked as watched.

Have you tried to repair your tv show library to make sure?

Edited by Angelblue05

downhouse

The add-on has no effect on navigation or what Kodi applies settings to. Something else is at play. Emby for Kodi only fills in your database the way Kodi would add your content normally. And if you have add-on playback, then it will tell Kodi what to play. Use a different skin to confirm.

I don't see that happen at all. All episodes and the season are marked as watched.

Have you tried to repair your tv show library to make sure?

I tried repairing the libraries now, twice, it makes no difference.

I took a couple of screenshots here to show how a tv show can have a season folder display unwatched episodes, in this case 1, but when i enter the season it's empty.

yfuw2sH.jpg

RKELxlK.png

When I then go and look in the emby server web ui I can see that there is in fact one episode of The Good Place on the server not marked as watched.

So for some reason the Kodi addon is not syncing properly with the server.

The addon seems to get that the season is in fact not fully watched on the server, but at the same time it thinks, locally, that all the episodes are in fact watched.

downhouse

Is it all your shows or this show specifically?

This problem is not specific to this show, I have several others that have this same kind of behavior.

However I wouldn't rule out that there is something strange going on with those specific files, in case they are corrupted somehow in the emby database.

Why they would have been corrupted in emby though, I have no idea.

Angelblue05

In the Kodi settings, media settings > general > disable parent folder item. Does it make the issue go away?

Edited by Angelblue05

downhouse

In the Kodi settings, media settings > general > disable parent folder item. Does it make the issue go away?

That setting was never enabled to begin with, and enabling/disabling it again makes no difference.

Today I seem to have started to get an error from emby when I try to enter a library from the Kodi main meny "Emby error occurred, check the log" is the message and below is the log of the exception.

Unknown if this has to do with my library sync issues, but it seems to have to do with some database problems, so it seems plausible.

20:07:46.683 T:4732   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.emby/?folder=f137a2dd21bbc1b99aa5c0f6bf02a805&server=None&type=movies&id=f137a2dd21bbc1b99aa5c0f6bf02a805&mode=browse
20:07:46.683 T:4732   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.emby/?folder=f137a2dd21bbc1b99aa5c0f6bf02a805&server=None&type=movies&id=f137a2dd21bbc1b99aa5c0f6bf02a805&mode=browse) failed
20:08:02.836 T:2972   ERROR: CImageLoader::DoWork - Direct texture file loading failed for resource://resource.images.studios.white/
20:08:12.168 T:5968  NOTICE: script.colorbox: version 2.0.6 started
20:08:12.168 T:5968  NOTICE: script.colorbox: daemon started
20:08:13.527 T:2428  NOTICE: script.colorbox: version 2.0.6 started
20:08:13.527 T:2428  NOTICE: script.colorbox: daemon started
20:08:24.112 T:1004  NOTICE: script.colorbox: version 2.0.6 started
20:08:24.119 T:1004  NOTICE: script.colorbox: daemon started
20:08:27.224 T:4732   ERROR: Control 50 in window 10025 has been asked to focus, but it can't
20:08:27.471 T:4872   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
                                            Error Contents: cannot import name Database
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\XBMC\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\default.py", line 27, in <module>
                                                from entrypoint import Events
                                              File "C:\Users\XBMC\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\resources\lib\entrypoint\__init__.py", line 10, in <module>
                                                from helper import loghandler
                                              File "C:\Users\XBMC\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\resources\lib\helper\loghandler.py", line 9, in <module>
                                                import database
                                              File "C:\Users\XBMC\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\resources\lib\database\__init__.py", line 17, in <module>
                                                from objects import obj
                                              File "C:\Users\XBMC\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.emby\emby\objects\__init__.py", line 4, in <module>
                                                from movies import Movies
                                              File "C:\Users\XBMC\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.emby\emby\objects\movies.py", line 11, in <module>
                                                from kodi import Movies as KodiDb, queries as QU
                                              File "C:\Users\XBMC\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.emby\emby\objects\kodi\__init__.py", line 1, in <module>
                                                from kodi import Kodi
                                              File "C:\Users\XBMC\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.emby\emby\objects\kodi\kodi.py", line 9, in <module>
                                                import artwork
                                              File "C:\Users\XBMC\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.emby\emby\objects\kodi\artwork.py", line 20, in <module>
                                                from database import Database
                                            ImportError: cannot import name Database
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
20:08:27.521 T:4732   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.emby/?type=tvshows&mode=browse&id=767bffe4f11c93ef34b805451a696a4e
20:08:27.521 T:4732   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.emby/?type=tvshows&mode=browse&id=767bffe4f11c93ef34b805451a696a4e) failed
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

Try to remain on the latest beta if possible. Please update to 4.0.9a then this error will go away. There was an import change to accommodate cache all artwork and fix a loading issue with Emby for Kodi in certain cases.

Thank you for letting me know. I'm still not understanding how Kodi can see something there, and not display it.

Edited by Angelblue05

downhouse

Try to remain on the latest beta if possible. Please update to 4.0.9a then this error will go away. There was an import change to accommodate cache all artwork and fix a loading issue with Emby for Kodi in certain cases.

Thank you for letting me know. I'm still not understanding how Kodi can see something there, and not display it.

Went into the Kodi beta addon on my htpc, there is no update from 4.0.7a that I can see?

Angelblue05

Yeah that fixed the error message I was getting, never knew that you had to go into the sidebar to update addons.

However the problem with the seasons not being marked as watched still remains.

Yeah the issue remains because I haven’t figured out why or how it’s happening. It’s very strange. Are there episodes missing if you display all videos instead of unwatched?

downhouse

Yeah the issue remains because I haven’t figured out why or how it’s happening. It’s very strange. Are there episodes missing if you display all videos instead of unwatched?

I was crossing my fingers for the addon update to magically fix it :)

And no, when showing all episodes, there are none missing.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

It blows my mind. Can you send me your database file? I think it's the only way to figure this one out. There must be a rogue entry, but it's all speculation at this point. Maybe the season is not linking properly?

Are you able to do that? I'd only need the MyVideosxx.db file. Let me know if you need help with doing that. 

downhouse

It blows my mind. Can you send me your database file? I think it's the only way to figure this one out. There must be a rogue entry, but it's all speculation at this point. Maybe the season is not linking properly?

Are you able to do that? I'd only need the MyVideosxx.db file. Let me know if you need help with doing that. 

Sure, where is the db file located? I'll send you a pm with a link to it tomorrow, its getting late.

• Like 1

downhouse

I sent you a pm with a download link to my db file.

• Like 1