4.0.7a kills Kodi @ framerate switch

loomes
Go to solution Solved by Angelblue05,

With 4.0.7a my Kodi (actual Nightly) gets destroyed (on Nvidia Shield) when i start Playback of an exported Netflix strm file at the Moment the TV will switch the Framerate. No log outputs.

When i disable framerate Switch in Kodi its works.

Then i downgrade to 4.0.6a and all is working fine with framerate switch.

Angelblue05

Can you provide your Kodi log? For playback, what changed was the video emby-loading was updated to 25fps (from 10, which wasn’t functional on every platform) and a 1 sec sleep before pausing that video.

Angelblue05

We can't use 4.0.6e videos as they do not load on LE, CE, and a few others.

Gotta figure out what is it about the current video (which works on those other platforms) doesn't work for you...

Edit: Is this a Kodi bug?

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

@@loomes

Can you provide your log using 4.0.7e with the video that comes with it. Thank you.

Second, when you are using the 4.0.6e video, do you see the emby-loading video show up and pause before it goes on to load your content?

Have you tried using native playback mode instead?

Edited by Angelblue05

I have send you a PM with links to the log files.

As i say, the Problem only occurs when i play strm files on the Emby Server (latest Beta). In my use these are strm files from the Amazon/Netlix Addons.

When i play an mkv file which is localy hostet on the Emby Server all is working fine.

• Like 1

• Solution
Angelblue05

Solution: Use the new delay playback in the add-on settings > playback. 

This is happening because of auto framerate switching. It triggers for the emby-loading video, then when the add-on tries to play the main content, Kodi crashes trying to switch framerate again for the main content. A delay (1.5 second or more) before starting playback seems to resolve this.