Cannot see active devices

Koml

Hello

Running Emby server 4.0.2 on a linux debian.

The activity where i could see who is active on the server is now gone. All i can see is the history from when i am /start/finished a movie.

Any idea on what could be wrong?

Picture attached when playing an episode.

post-245702-0-63389700-1550844633_thumb.png

Edited by Koml

I am not sure wich log to attach. will this do?

Could there be some setting somewhere or something missing. I dont know when it happened. Its been like this for some time, waiting for updates and see if that fixed the problem but it has not.

Active device log.txt

EODCrafter

find and replace is your friend

Emby auto redacting these logs will help...I see this over and over again. Esp since @@Luke requires logs for every issue.

Not sure if this personal information in logs is a deterrent to posting a issue or not.

Spaceboy

Emby auto redacting these logs will help...I see this over and over again. Esp since @@Luke requires logs for every issue.

Not sure if this personal information in logs is a deterrent to posting a issue or not.

completely agree but we have to work with the confines of what they give us. For now that’s his only option other than pm’ing them and then you lose the valuable insight that other forum members can give...

Hello friends

Have now sent an PM to Luke :)

Another questions to yous. When the log file get as big that it gets is not possible to open and read in web browser or notepad.

How do you guys fixing that?

I don't see any obvious problem here, but also this log does not contain any playback activity, so it doesn't really contain the type of usage you described earlier. Thanks.

So in the latest log you tried to play from the iOS app, is that correct? I don't see any obvious problem there.

The problem is not the playback.

The problem is in emby-server dashboard does not show when someone is dooing a playback.

Earlier i could see who and what was playibg. Now it is blank as shown in picture #POST1

Yea i understand. Did you try refreshing the dashboard page in the browser?

One thing you could try is deleting your authentication.db file. This will cause all users in all apps to have to login again. Please see if that helps. Thanks.

Hello again!!

Have deleted authentication.db and the only thing that happened was that i had to login again.

Looks like i may have to do a fresh install :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
lsrmax

I'm posting here because i'm experiencing the same issue.

Users are watching things and nothing is displayed on dashboard.

Having them relogging doesn't solve the problem.

I found this in the log if it can help : Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 204 to 172.17.0.1. Time: 2ms. http://127.0.0.1:8096/emby/Sessions/Playing/Progress

Edited by lsrmax

I'm posting here because i'm experiencing the same issue.

Users are watching things and nothing is displayed on dashboard.

Having them relogging doesn't solve the problem.

I found this in the log if it can help : Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 204 to 172.17.0.1. Time: 2ms. http://127.0.0.1:8096/emby/Sessions/Playing/Progress

Strange. Can you please answer all of the same questions that i asked in this thread? thanks !