Duplicate media folders?

embyzone

embyzone

Hi All

I just added one 4K media folder, and got allot of them on my home screen.

I then deleted the media folder but it I still get the duplicate folders on the home screen

Any way to force Emby to clean up and read data?

5c6ee3e982d97_17.jpg

embyzone

5c6eea62c5348_18.jpg

This is driving me crazy - I can delete the media folder and reboot Emby and I still get multiple Movies [4K] folders? Where can I manually go and delete them in a config file?

Hi, you must have hit OK in the dialog multiple times. You'll need to remove the library from library setup, then run two library scans. Then you can add it back.

We are updating the dialog to prevent this from happening. Thanks.

embyzone

Hi, you must have hit OK in the dialog multiple times. You'll need to remove the library from library setup, then run two library scans. Then you can add it back.

We are updating the dialog to prevent this from happening. Thanks.

I did a scan all libraries 4 times and I still have multiple 4K folders?

embyzone

You'll need to remove the library from library setup

Ok did that , I guess I just need some patience scanning all library 2 x scan for all folders is going to take some time  :mellow:

• 1 month later...
ThierryD

Hi,

I had the same problem because I think  I clicked several times Ok as the dialog box seemed to be freezed.

The best way I found is to uninstall et reinstall Emby .

You'll have to recreate your libraries but only one scan to do again :)

• 1 month later...
markand

I'm running into this too, but I did not add any Libraries. I am doing a migration and used the backup plugin. Since I'm moving from a Mac to a NAS, for each library, I had to add a new Folder and remove the old one.  I then did a refresh and that's when I noticed the duplicates.

Note that for the one collection I had, since that doesn't have a folder, I didn't touch that at all. It too is duplicated.

One other note: In the Settings Library section, I only have one copy of the Libraries. They're just duplicated in the UI.

markand

One other thing to note: I deleted one of the Libraries in Settings but still had the 2 views of it on the home screen.  I attempted to delete both but one is left. So for that Library "Kiku" there is now not a library in Settings but one on the Home screen that can't be removed.

One other thing to note: I deleted one of the Libraries in Settings but still had the 2 views of it on the home screen.  I attempted to delete both but one is left. So for that Library "Kiku" there is now not a library in Settings but one on the Home screen that can't be removed.

Did you restore multiple times?

markand

No... only once.

Btw, I'm sorry because I have 2 threads going with essentially the same questions.

markand

@@Luke - so I just cleaned out the NAS and re-installed. I re-migrated using a Backup and this time went into each Library and removed the existing folder reference and then added the corrected one. All of this was done only one time and carefully.

I still wound up with 2 of each library.

I'm going to uninstall and not restore from backup.

@@Luke - so I just cleaned out the NAS and re-installed. I re-migrated using a Backup and this time went into each Library and removed the existing folder reference and then added the corrected one. All of this was done only one time and carefully.

I still wound up with 2 of each library.

I'm going to uninstall and not restore from backup.

@@Happy2Play are you able to reproduce?

Ok, so I installed from scratch and did not restore from backup. Everything looks good.

Thanks for the feedback. We'll try to chase this down.

markand

@@Luke, one thing to note is that to uninstall, I had to SSH into the QNAP and remove the /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer directory manually.  This was by far the most complicated thing to do and would prevent most people from recovering from this. 

It would be good if there was a way from the UI to trigger a rebuild of whatever would remain like that across installs, as the settings showed no libraries while the UI showed the duplicates.