Files synced that users shouldn't have access to

wickedlemon

Angelblue05

Can you provide an update log since you’ve switched back to the regular version? Your previous error was related to new code not yet introduced.

wickedlemon

OK. This morning I've gone back to 4.05 and reset the local database. Emby server has scanned overnight and looks ok.

Now  Kodi keeps restarting every few minutes into the scan and then asking me to resume. I've attached the first few logs covering the following events:

0720 DB Reset and scan
0723 crash and restart Kodi
0725 crash and restart Kodi

Is there any way to automatically resume the previous sync after a restart? I'm having to click Yes every few minutes to make progress!

log-2019-02-22-07.24.12.log

log-2019-02-22-07.25.00.log

log-2019-02-22-07.22.25.log

Edited by wickedlemon

Angelblue05

I’m not able to check your logs for another couple of hours. Have you tried disabling force cache artwork in the addon settings > sync?

wickedlemon

Hi. I turned off artwork caching on both my Pis and they seemed to sync ok and everything was running fine, hence not replying sooner.

Just logged in on my son's account and it's processed new items and there are files again that shouldn't be there. I've attached the log.  For example shows at 19:40:53.752 and 19:41:04.752 in the log are definitely on a drive that is unchecked on Emby server.

01_KODI.log

• Like 1

wickedlemon

And now both my Kodi installs insists files are unavailable in one specific library folder only. Even though they are there and I can play them in Emby web interface and even on my phone using the Emby Android app.

Angelblue05

Is the path correct? Kodi is the one that decides if it can locate a file or not. Check permissions maybe?

Are you using native playback mode? Add-on playback mode?

If you are using add-on playback mode: If you enable Force HTTP in the add-on settings > playback, does playback work then?

Which version are you on now? Stable or beta?

Edited by Angelblue05

wickedlemon

Path is fine - no permission issues. It's an NFS share on a NAS. I can access other shares fine. It worked earlier. I can even browse through Videos->Files and play it! I'm back on 4.0.5 using Native playback.

I think tomorrow I start with a fresh Kodi install and see if I can get it working. It just seems to be one thing after another at the moment. :( Strange that the issues are on both if my Kodi installs.

Edited by wickedlemon

Angelblue05

Yes very strange. Please keep me posted.

I am still looking into your original issue.

Nothing in your logs?

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

@@wickedlemon

Can you try to delete the database for the Kodi companion to see if you still manage to get the unwanted content?

In your emby server location > data > SyncData > rename Emby.Kodi.Sync.Queue.db

Edit: I will have to test on my side, I retrieve content from the server using the user id. I thought it would return nothing if the id was not available to that user, but it doesn't seem to be the case.

Edited by Angelblue05

wickedlemon

So I've done fresh install today of LibreElec with Kodi 17.6 and and Emby 4.0.5.Created a Kodi profile and linked this to an Emby user. All looks good.

Added a a second Kodi profile and linked this to a second Emby user and again it's added files that should only be available to the first account.

The file access issue seems to have vanished fortunately, but the initial problem is still there.

Followed your suggestion, shut down Emby and renamed all the files in SyncData. They were json files not db ones though.

Reset local Kodi database and rescanned. Still have unwanted files showing up.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Ok thank you for testing this.

I will make sure all syncing is terminated when switching profiles. I wonder if that’s how it gets added to the second profile. I imagine if you only have the one profile setup, then unwanted content never gets added?

wickedlemon

Thanks for all your help on this. I think until a fix comes along I'm going to switch back to native scanning for the kids profile and use Emby for the main profile. Please keep me updated if you make any changes and I'll retest for you.

• Like 1

sualfred

Kodi 18 looks like to have a huge problem with profiles. It also seems that Kodi is mixing the settings.xml of a skin (or the userdata folder) between two users. In one reported example the user added a widget in Embuary that was also populated on the second profile and on the next reboot it was gone for profile #1. That's why I get the feeling that this complete issue is maybe related to it.

Edited by sualfred

wickedlemon

I'm still using Kodi 17.6 as the whole family is use to the whole Kodi set up using the Amber skin. That's one of the reasons I haven't gone down the EmbyCon route. It's another thing to break to, as if Emby crashes the client won't work. At least just using it for syncing shouldn't have this issue.