Files synced that users shouldn't have access to

wickedlemon

wickedlemon

Just when I thought I was getting somewhere with my Kodi/Emby set up.

Just noticed several tv show show up on my son's Kodi profile, even though the folder these shows are in is unchecked in the Library access for that user and also don't appear if I browse his library directly in Emby. Seems to be quite a few shows, but not all.

I've checked and Emby For Kodi user is correct in the settings. There are two Emby users linked to two separate Kodi profiles.

Anything obvious likely to cause this before I throw up log files? I'm a little concerned about what else may appear in his profile that he shouldn't have access to.

Angelblue05

Update the libraries (launch emby for kodi > context menu on the library > update the library), to remove the titles that do not belong.

The problem is the server sends an add event before it blocks the content. The add-on reacts to that.

Can you tell me how you've setup parental control for the user? 

Edited by Angelblue05

wickedlemon

Running library updates now.

Parental control where? In Emby or Kodi? I'm just unchecking the folders under Users->Access for the restricted user. 

Angelblue05

No I mean, in Emby dashboard > Users > Select the user > Parental Control.

Ok wait what? You had the library unchecked and then Kodi still added content from that library? Is that right?

Or was the library checked, then you unchecked it?

wickedlemon

Not using the parental control section, just unchecked folders. They are all checked when you first create a user, but I unchecked the ones I wanted hidden straight away. The library has been completely reset/scanned since then and new content added and synced today, that shouldn't be there, is there. Emby web interface doesn't show the files, but they're in Kodi. Library update is still running.

Angelblue05

That’s a first to me. Provide your Kodi log once you see this happen. I’ve tested adding content to a library my user does not have access and I get no add events in Kodi for that library from the server.

Diedrich

Semi-related: There is a serious flaw in the security of the server software that will allow users who are not allowed access to a movie or TV show to actually be able to view them or download them! You can observe this by simply clicking a file under the "More Like This" section within a file's details screen.

wickedlemon

So the library update seemed to get stuck, so I rebooted Kodi. I got a notice saying there was a patch update for Kodi for Emby and now when I go to Update Libraries I get no scanning notifications.

Angelblue05

Can you provide your Kodi log when you try to update libraries? Yes I recently fixed an issue with tv shows not updating correctly.

And do you have that old Kodi log from when it got stuck too? That's curious.

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

Thanks for the logs. Try restarting Kodi, does update libraries then work?

Edit: You have some skin errors too it looks like?

17:14:21.810 T:1945248320   ERROR: Misplaced [
17:14:21.810 T:1945248320   ERROR: Error parsing boolean expression [Window.IsActive(MyPVRChannels.xml) | Window.IsActive(MyPVRGuide.xml) | Window.IsActive(MyPVRRecordings.xml)] + !String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Plot) + !String.IsEqual($INFO[ListItem.EpisodeName],$INFO[ListItem.Plot])
17:14:22.015 T:1945248320   ERROR: Misplaced [
17:14:22.016 T:1945248320   ERROR: Error parsing boolean expression [Window.IsActive(MyPVRChannels.xml) | Window.IsActive(MyPVRGuide.xml) | Window.IsActive(MyPVRRecordings.xml)] + !String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Plot) + !String.IsEqual($INFO[ListItem.EpisodeName],$INFO[ListItem.Plot])
Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

I don't think so, it just happens to be around the same time in your log. Let me put a test build together for you. It has a little bit more logging, so that we can see where's it's getting stuck.

wickedlemon

I have 2nd Pi, so I've just tried that and library scan works as expected although it's logged in as a different user.

I noticed that when I click Update Libraries I get the option of each individual library as well as All. On the original which wasn't working  I only had All. I added them back via Add Libraries (so it shows 4 + All) and now it's scanning again. It seems the addon lost all my libraries. Not out of the woods, as I've just had a "Something went wrong" message and the scan has stopped. Now when I got to Update Libraries only one out of 4 are showing. I'll add the log as something is going wrong.

I have a couple of not really related questions, while I have your attention:

What is the significance of "(Dynamic)" which I sometimes see after the library name?

What does the "Enable New Content" option do?

01_KODI.log

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Ah well that explains it. I'll add a warning if there's no library to update. Thank you.

Dynamic represents libraries that could be synced to Kodi but aren't. You can navigate and play content as a traditional plugin listing presentation.

Enable new content in the setting is just enable a new content notification when new content is added to Kodi.

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/plugin.video.emby/wiki/Settings#interface

Edited by Angelblue05

wickedlemon

Added the libraries back in and instantly got a "Something Went wrong" message. Movies went missing. Now it seems to be the only one.

Tried rebooting, but I'm getting the error every time it tries to scan now.

Edited by wickedlemon

Angelblue05

Ok hold on, making you a build right now. It's not failing on your movies, but at the start of music.

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

Use this build. I will post a new beta shortly but I have a few more things to look at first. You are using the bleeding edge, on Krypton so use the build below which will fix the error you've encountered. Let me know too, are you able to restore your sync upon Kodi restart?

Reuploaded the build.

plugin.video.emby-4.0.7d.zip

Edited by Angelblue05

wickedlemon

The same. Rebooted and got the error straight away. Add all the libraries and clicked update and got the error: Displays "Gathering Music" in the background. Now I just have a movie library added.

01_KODI.log

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Or just go back to beta version. You can get it from the repo or sideload - install from zip > kodi.emby.media > public testing 4.0.7a.

I'm not understanding why it's still proceeding ahead with the part thats only for Kodi Leia or higher. I will do some more testing after eating.

Edited by Angelblue05

wickedlemon

Not getting anywhere with this now. Tried different versions of plugin all with the same result. I've logged out and logged in as a different profile, linked to a different Emby user. Got the patch applied message and it started scanning fine. Just one error about SMB paths, which seem to pop up from time to time.

Then it hit the "Gathering Music" message and just sat there.

I've removed my music library completely on the server and done a full scan there. Now Kodi seems ok.

I'm beginning to think Emby just doesn't work with music.