server running with AMD Ryzen 7

igeoorge

igeoorge

I'm retiring the old PC from the Hotel and I already have the part list of the new one.
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 Processor 2700X
MB: Motherboard Biostar Racing X370GT3 DDR4 AMD AM4
SSD: SSD Kingston KC1000 M.2 2280 480GB
Memory: 2xDDR4 16GB 2400MHZ
HDs: 4xSeagate 8tb Ironwolf Nas 7200rpm 256mb Cache Sata 6gb / s

I will not transcode.
Can I have 200/300 people watching at the same time?
The content will be mostly films and advertisements of the Hotel.

Edited by igeoorge
  • Like 1

legallink

No way your hard drives not pooled/raided etc. can serve up that many concurrent streams. Your major bottleneck is serving up the content and you need to support a huge amount of bandwidth for that.

igeoorge

The building connection is 1gb. So in the settings of this server I get 300 users online? Which operating system do you recommend for my hardware?

Edited by igeoorge

legallink

The building connection is 1gb. So in the settings of this server I get 300 users online? Which operating system do you recommend for my hardware?

I think you need to do a much more detailed investigation into what you are doing and what your needs are.  300 concurrent users is a large amount of users and not something that anyone would attempt trivially.  20 concurrent streams can be a lot of manage for a lot of machines.  And a 1gb connection, I don't even know what that means.  Is it an internal 1gb network?  Is that the external network connection?  Operating system has nothing to do with it. A properly skilled tech can make any operating system accomplish the task you are proposing.  Your issue isn't operating system, it is both internal and external bandwidth.

igeoorge

Connection to the internet of 1gb. That is, the dealership caters to the hotel with 1gb of full bandwidth. Internet network connection is 10gb. External connection is 1gb. I will use debian for greater stability. So far I do not know how to carry out the study to know if this hardware will be enough