Live TV Keps playing after exiting app

Pain

When someone exits the guide sometimes you hear the voice even after closing the Emby app. Sometimes only for a few seconds, sometimes it keeps playing and the only way to fix it is to reboot the device. So far I have only see this with  4K Fire TV.

Hi. Exits the guide? You mean backs out of playback, correct?

Can you explain exactly what you are doing?

Thanks.

Hi. Exits the guide? You mean backs out of playback, correct?

Can you explain exactly what you are doing?

Thanks.

Your right. I said that wrong. When I back out of a live TV program the program audio keeps playing in the background. Sometimes it wont stop and the only way to correct it is to reboot the Fire TV.

Thanks

I have seen it dismiss the video a second or two before the audio stops but I've never seen it never stop at all.

Can you please tell me exactly how the item is playing?  Transcoding or remux?  Did you turn on the option to play Live TV in MPV?

Its direct streaming, I do not have Live TV MPV checked. I do not even no what that is so I never messed with it. Should I enable it?

Sometimes if I'm browsing around the guide it will happen, the audio will keep playing when exiting a live TV program even after exiting and closing the app. I waited about 1-2 min. and it was still playing so I rebooted the FireTV. This has happen on both FireTV's randomly but not that often. Like I said it happens mainly when I am browsing around the guide. Its to random to say exactly what I was doing but Ill pay better attention next time it happens.

I have seen it dismiss the video a second or two before the audio stops but I've never seen it never stop at all.

For the most part it is only for a second or two yes. But some times it keeps playing.

Thanks

• 1 year later...
shdwkeeper

This is happening to me also, we are running an Nvidia Shield, and the latest server (non beta) on a QNAP.  Playing Live TV (CBS) we are transcoding so we can pause and rewind, we exit out of the channel and goto Guide and the screen goes black but the audio keeps playing.  We have to back out of the live tv and it says "Emby Loading..."  than we have to relaunch Live TV again.  Its been happening for a few weeks.  Any ideas?

I've had this happen to me a couple of times before and had to reboot my Shield TV when this happens.  Then it works perfectly.

What I noticed is that when this has happened I was short on free space/memory.  No idea if related but worth a look.

1 hour ago, shdwkeeper said:

This is happening to me also, we are running an Nvidia Shield, and the latest server (non beta) on a QNAP.  Playing Live TV (CBS) we are transcoding so we can pause and rewind, we exit out of the channel and goto Guide and the screen goes black but the audio keeps playing.  We have to back out of the live tv and it says "Emby Loading..."  than we have to relaunch Live TV again.  Its been happening for a few weeks.  Any ideas?

Hi.  This is fixed in the release currently under review by Google.

Thanks.

shdwkeeper
53 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hi.  This is fixed in the release currently under review by Google.

Thanks.

Great let us know when we can update.

15 hours ago, shdwkeeper said:

Great let us know when we can update.

It will happen automatically.  Or you can side-load the beta now: 

shdwkeeper
5 hours ago, ebr said:

It will happen automatically.  Or you can side-load the beta now: 

So the version that will be in the Playstore is 1.8.12 or 1.8.14?

Edited by shdwkeeper

7 minutes ago, shdwkeeper said:

So the version that will be in the Playstore is 1.8.12 or 1.8.14?

Actually, its .11 that is under review for release.  But the current beta will solve this for you as well.

• 5 weeks later...
sydneybrit

Any idea when Google will approve the .11 release? It's been over a month now and still getting the problem of existing Live TV channels

CBers
28 minutes ago, sydneybrit said:

Any idea when Google will approve the .11 release? It's been over a month now and still getting the problem of existing Live TV channels.

Why not switch to the beta channel? 

You can always turn off auto updates if you don't want any more betas, until the next Stable, after .11, is released. 

Just a thought. 

sydneybrit
1 hour ago, CBers said:

Why not switch to the beta channel? 

You can always turn off auto updates if you don't want any more betas, until the next Stable, after .11, is released. 

Just a thought. 

Bit of a noob with Google Play. How do I switch to the beta channel?

vdatanet
4 minutes ago, sydneybrit said:

Bit of a noob with Google Play. How do I switch to the beta channel?

• Like 1