Anyone here using Emby DLNA with Hi-Fi Cast Android app ?

Tester

I am having an issue that I cannot resolve and unsure if it is Emby or Hi-Fi Cast app.

I can browse the entire Music library without issue and play from most entry point except Genre.

When I try to Play and/or Play/Shuffle the app throws a 401 error that it cannot read from server.

Anyone experience the same issue ?

** RESOLVED WITH SERVER RELEASE v4.1.1.0 **

Edited by Tester

The app throws up the error for a second or so.  If I then select an album/song within the Genre it plays it.

It seems that it only happens from the high level differentiation ( songs, albums. playlist, genre, ect).

I will post in the app forums but wanted to run it by your guys first.

Hey Luke, got this response from the app developer

Hi,
I think it is a server bug. The UPnP/DLNA response returned by the server indicates that these containers are searchable and so Hi-Fi Cast is using the UPnP search action to retrieve the tracks. But it seems that some of these containers are not actually searchable and so are either returning zero results or the error message.  I don't think there's anything you can do on the server side to fix it :(

Any thoughts ?

• 1 month later...
Tester

Interestingly enough, everything I outline above that does not work seems to work with BubbleuPnP so now not so sure what is causing the problems with Hi-Fi cast.

We've made a fix for the hifi cast app that will be in the next release of the server, thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
Tester

Search and then play also ?

Go to Genres, then simply play one of them from the hamburger selection on the lower right of each genre.

You can also select a genre and then play it from within.. 

Either of these causes the failure for me.

• 1 month later...
Tester

I am still having this issue with latest final versions of server and latest Hi-Fi.  As I said before, it does work fine with Bubble but I prefer to use Hi-Fi.

Could the issue be in my server setup ?

Ok yes we're able to reproduce. It's resolved for the next release, thanks.

• 1 month later...