Mojave 10.14.3 and Emby 3.5.3

sfatula

sfatula

So, came back from a trip, before the trip, Emby on Mac worked fine, had been working, no new content, nothing had changed. Except, when running Emby, it is starting over asking me to config it.

In digging a little deeper, it appears the location of the emby-server directory was in the home folder, in my case, /Users/sfatula/emby-server.

However, Emby is now (for some unknown reason) looking in /Users/sfatula/.config/emby-server

This machine has never ever had this folder prior to today when I rebooted the Mac after an update. When running Emby, it created the folder and asked me to set it up.

Why would the folder it is looking for change? As far back as my backups go, it was not underneath .config for 3.5.3.

Would hate to start over, any explanation? Could I copy the contents from the original folder to the new folder perhaps?

sfatula

Adding a symbolic link from /Users/sfatula/.config/emby-server to /Users/sfatula/emby-server seems to work and get 3.5.3 back up. 

Curious as to what is going on with Emby Server on Mac with 10.14.3? Apparently I should not update to 4 right since there appears to be some sort of bug?

Hi, at this point I'm not sure why you're running into this. Nobody has reported it before and I haven't reproduced it.

sfatula

Ok, so, what directory is emby-server supposed to be in? Looking back at a year of Time Machine backups, it was never in ~/.config/emby-server, it was ~/emby-server, right?

sfatula

Ok, I will then move it there since that's where 4.0 wants it. I see messages about 4.0.2 and Mojave not starting, is it just that person? Is it "safe" to install emby 4 on Mojave on MacOS?

sfatula

Updated to 4.0.2, let it upgrade, and, all seems fine. Thanks. I notice it still doesn't shutdown right, i.e., clicking restart emby on the server dashboard doubles the number of processes to:

ps waux | grep -i emby

sfatula            928   0.0  1.2  6918900 298316   ??  S     1:04PM   0:07.73 /Applications/EmbyServer.app/Contents/MacOS/EmbyServer /Applications/EmbyServer.app/Contents/MacOS/EmbyServer.dll -psn_0_241723 -noautorunwebapp
sfatula            661   0.0  0.8  7214988 195548   ??  S    12:44PM   0:17.32 /Applications/EmbyServer.app/Contents/MacOS/EmbyServer -psn_0_241723
sfatula           1009   0.0  0.0  4268020    792 s000  S+    1:24PM   0:00.00 grep -i emby
sfatula            995   0.0  0.1  4485368  19892   ??  S     1:24PM   0:00.08 /Applications/EmbyServer.app/Contents/MacOS/embytray tray http://localhost:8096 en-US
sfatula            994   0.0  0.5  6660508 126752   ??  S     1:24PM   0:05.04 /Applications/EmbyServer.app/Contents/MacOS/EmbyServer /Applications/EmbyServer.app/Contents/MacOS/EmbyServer.dll /Applications/EmbyServer.app/Contents/MacOS/EmbyServer.dll -psn_0_241723 -noautorunwebapp

Yea this is a MacOS-specific issue we're still trying to chase down where shutdown doesn't always shut everything down.

• Like 1