Connection every 15 minutes

bflagg

I setup a family member and on the server, I see he is connection every 15 mins.

How can Identify what kind of client is connecting so we can trouble shoot.

Emby for SamsungTV, Web, and a iPad client.
I tried to search the server.txt log and there isn't any connection information.

Help anyone?

Hi, this is the app's background sync process. It is something we will look to improve in a future update. thanks.

wayloncovil

Hi, this is the app's background sync process. It is something we will look to improve in a future update. thanks.

I noticed that my PC was waking up and when I ran a powercfg -lastwake, it said the ethernet card was waking it up. Could the Emby Android app be the source of the ping?

Thanks!

Thank you.. But I do have a follow up.  In my house, I have 3 Samsung TV's, 1 Roku TV and Apple products and Samsung phones with emby app. Even web browser (firefox and/or edge) and none of these do this repeating reauthorization handshake every 15... Everything I have only shows the initial authentication (as it should). I currently haven't installed Emby app on my computer as of yet (no need since a tv is now in the office).

When you say App, can I assume you mean the windows emby client only?

Thank you again.

Brett

• 2 years later...
Shabbypenguin
On 2/19/2019 at 12:38 AM, Luke said:

any chance of improving this? browser playback has steadily gotten worse so i switched over to using teh windows app only to find its spamming my server and waking up my desktop.

5 hours ago, Shabbypenguin said:

any chance of improving this? browser playback has steadily gotten worse so i switched over to using teh windows app only to find its spamming my server and waking up my desktop.

Hi, yes we are currently working on this. Thanks for the feedback.

• 1 year later...
HouseOfCards

This still happens.  A friend of mine has an account on my server.  He uses Emby on a Windows machine, and his is the only one doing this.  Every 15 minutes like clockwork.  Messages about his connections drown out legitimate notifications.

4 hours ago, WORMUTHS said:

This still happens.  A friend of mine has an account on my server.  He uses Emby on a Windows machine, and his is the only one doing this.  Every 15 minutes like clockwork.  Messages about his connections drown out legitimate notifications.

Hi, we have a new Windows app coming in the near future and this will no longer be an issue. Thanks.

• Thanks 1