WMC client not remembering PIN

amack

Server ver  4.0.2.0

WMC Client 3.0.317

OS Win7 x64

I have one admin account with both a password and pin.  After the last server upgrade the Emby WMC client asks for the PIN each time I run it in my local network.  It also logs a failed login.  After trial and error it seems to only remember the password but not the PIN even though you can type either.  So the work around is to type the much longer and secure password when prompted after that its remembered and doesn't ask again.  

I have a two other accounts that have a password but no PIN and they are working as expected.  My Roku clients are remembering the PIN as expected.  The issue is just with the WMC client.  The work around is fine, thought I should report the issue.

Edited by elhuevon

Mark Wilson

I just hit this same issue.

PIN is no longer working when signing into Emby with a client but the password is.
Server version 4.0.2.0 

Clients running 3.0.317 on both Windows 7 x64 and 8.1 x64

Pin Reset does not work.
Changing Pin does not work.

Let me know if there is any other information you need.

Is there any progress or is anyone aware of this issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi.  We're looking into it but can you tell us exactly what issue you are having?  Did the workaround not work for you (using the true password once)?

rliepins

Hi and thanks for getting back to me.

When I enter Emby from WMC, it always asks for the password or PIN:

5c76a88033e20_pin.jpg

So, I can enter either the PIN or password (btw, the Security PIN always stays the same and won't go to password).  Entering either gets me in, but when I back out and go back in, it always asks for the same info again.

Another behavior is that once entering the credentials, it stalls for 10 to 20 seconds before entering the interface.  However, that could just as easily be my system and not the app.

Is there a log file for Emby for WMC I can upload?

Thanks

Thanks.  We're going to have to take a look at this.

One thing you could do as a workaround is blank out the EasyPIN in the server user configuration but keep the option checked.  This will have the effect of allowing login from the local LAN without requiring the password.

Since you are trying to bypass the password entry, this will get you what you want.