Box sets not updating in Kodi

heula
Go to solution Solved by heula,

I have added some box sets my self of home videos etc.

Those box sets are all visible in Emby but not in Kodi.

I have used the refresh box sets option multiple times and even did a local database reset but this did not help either.

Why aren't my box sets updated in Kodi?

Emby Server Version 4.1.0.8

Emby for Kodi version 4.0.6a

Kodi Version 18.0

Thanks.

Emby Server Log.txt

kodi.log

Edited by heula

Angelblue05
20:46:02.747 T:20036  NOTICE: EMBY.objects.movies -> ADD to boxset [86/131] Spider-Man: 59368 to boxset
20:46:02.747 T:20036  NOTICE: EMBY.objects.movies -> ADD to boxset [86/132] Spider-Man 2: 59369 to boxset
20:46:02.748 T:20036  NOTICE: EMBY.objects.movies -> ADD to boxset [86/133] Spider-Man 3: 59370 to boxset

Do you have the kodi option to display movie sets enabled? Kodi settings > media settings

20:46:02.747 T:20036  NOTICE: EMBY.objects.movies -> ADD to boxset [86/131] Spider-Man: 59368 to boxset
20:46:02.747 T:20036  NOTICE: EMBY.objects.movies -> ADD to boxset [86/132] Spider-Man 2: 59369 to boxset
20:46:02.748 T:20036  NOTICE: EMBY.objects.movies -> ADD to boxset [86/133] Spider-Man 3: 59370 to boxset
Do you have the kodi option to display movie sets enabled? Kodi settings > media settings

Yes, it is enabled.

The images with the green border some examples of what sets are missing in Kodi.

The images without borders are what is showing up in Kodi. The green borded sets are mot there no matter what I do.

OTbIHjO.jpg

VLLJ6aN.jpg

HLyz91W.jpg

ib8l9aI.jpg

2vBUkvN.jpg

soAqxaL.jpg

Some of my own created sets are visible in Emby and Kodi but not many.

madonna Collection is one of them but Michael Jackson Collection is not for example.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Does Kodi still have a limitation of a movie only every being in one collection?

No idea.

For as far as I know the movies are just in one collection.

Angelblue05

@@heula

Can you look specifically at dylan collection?

What are the titles in it? Do they show synced to Kodi? Do the titles belong to separate libraries?

@@heula

Can you look specifically at dylan collection?

What are the titles in it? Do they show synced to Kodi? Do the titles belong to separate libraries?

These are the 4 movies present in Dylan Collection.

5c6e5649ead19_2019022108_40_42Emby.png

Dylan Collection not visible in Kodi Sets. Those 4 movies are separate visible in in my Home Videos but not as a set either.

5c6e565f81520_2019022108_37_29Instelling

Angelblue05

Home videos are not synced to Kodi. So the content will not show in those boxsets.

However, if you access home videos, do you see all the titles from the collection, but no boxsets? If that is the case, then I can fix it so that it retrieves the boxsets from the server I believe.

Is this the case for all your missing boxsets?

Edited by Angelblue05

Home videos are not synced to Kodi. So the content will not show in those boxsets.

However, if you access home videos, do you see all the titles from the collection, but no boxsets? If that is the case, then I can fix it so that it retrieves the boxsets from the server I believe.

Is this the case for all your missing boxsets?

In Kodi 17 this all worked just fine.

In my home videos I see all my videos separate without the sets.

This is also for all other videos that are not home video. Everything is separate and not in sets.

All of those sets are not visisble in Kodi Sets as well.

I think this all happened when the metadata manager had some changes. I now see the title of the movie twice. This used to be just once.

From the moment that changed my previously added box sets myself were gone.

That's why I needed to add them again I just didn't had the time until just recently.

post-310-0-25524700-1550748152_thumb.png

If you can fix this, that would be great.

Thanks. 

Edited by heula

Angelblue05

But you said your actual movie libraries do show boxsets but not all? Are the boxsets missing all from home videos content?

Home videos are not synced to Kodi. They’ve never been synced. The thing that changed is I do not create a video node for it anymore. It’s all plugin listings now.

To resolve this, if boxsets show up in Home videos, will this do? Let me know, because your latest post confused me a bit.

But you said your actual movie libraries do show boxsets but not all? Are the boxsets missing all from home videos content?

Home videos are not synced to Kodi. They’ve never been synced. The thing that changed is I do not create a video node for it anymore. It’s all plugin listings now.

To resolve this, if boxsets show up in Home videos, will this do? Let me know, because your latest post confused me a bit.

Some of my own created box sets are visible in Kodi but not much.

Home videos are not set as Home Video but as movies without fetching metadata in Emby. They should be seen as movie though.

post-310-0-98498300-1550750794_thumb.png

Edited by heula
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

When you go via videos > movies (kodi shortcuts) do those home videos (really movies) show up there?

I'm thinking maybe it's a filtering issue with the video nodes. If they do show up under the Kodi shortcuts, then that will confirm this.

I just want to make sure that it's not something with the boxset sync.

Edited by Angelblue05

I think I know what the problem is.

I have added the folder to the collection but it should be the movie only.

So it really has something to do with the changes in the metadata manager.

I added the one with red arrow but I needed to asdd the one with the green arrow.

In my opinion Emby should only add what is needed for box sets when adding the folder.

5c6e9a36b809c_2019022112_17_49Instelling

Angelblue05

So it’s a recursive issue?

I'd like to replicate this on my side if possible. Why are you manually constructing your boxsets? I thought this wasn't supported anymore.

Edited by Angelblue05

So it’s a recursive issue?

When I add the the folder instead of the movie file like in the example it is a recursive issue yes.

I will remove all and re-add them again with the right files this time.

Perhaps this can be investigated so it doesn't matter what you add and Emby just takes what it needs?

For me it is solved now.

Thanks

Edited by heula
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

I'd like to replicate this on my side if possible. Why are you manually constructing your boxsets? I thought this wasn't supported anymore.

The auto Box sets addon doesn't work for all my videos.

Because I like to have those movies that belong together (for me) in a set I add them myself.

The add to collection option is still available in Emby metadata manager.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

@@heula

Ah. Well glad you have it working now. It does sound like a recursive issue.

Can you give me the easiest step to recreate your structure? Maybe it's something I can solve within the add-on.

1. Create a movie library.

2. File structure is like Movies/Collection Folder/Movie title/Movie title.mp4?

What do you do in the metadata manager then?

Angelblue05

But how do you tell Emby Amazing Spider-Man is a collection folder? That's what I don't understand. If Emby doesn't see a set, then how can the add-on see a set?

In the web app, I see both movies, no sets created. Surely, I’m missing a step?

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

Spoke too soon.

Can't seem to replicate it. I think the boxset I see in Emby is from the auto-boxset plugin. It appears correctly in Kodi.

Spoke too soon.

Can't seem to replicate it. I think the boxset I see in Emby is from the auto-boxset plugin. It appears correctly in Kodi.

That is correct but all my movies have this structure when two or movies are available.

The issue begins after adding them into a collection. When adding the folder of the movie it is not visible in Kodi but when only adding the movie file it is visible in Kodi as Well. Both ways are visible in Emby so if you can fix this than I don’t have to re-add them al over again.

Red structure is working in Emby but not in Kodi and Green structure works in Emby and Kodi.

post-310-0-63021700-1550762258_thumb.jpg

Edited by heula

Angelblue05

The issue begins after adding them into a collection.

I added a library, with the same file structure as your red ones and I see them in Kodi. I removed Auto-boxset plugin.

5c6ec3bbdb4b3_tempcoll.png

5c6ec3c6249bf_kodicoll.png