Naming of .nfo and posters

embyzone

embyzone

Hi All

I read that the NFO files used in Emby was following the rules of Kodi?

Maybe something's has changed, but it looks like Emby is reading my local information?

But if I change some NFO data in the folder and ask Emby to Refresh Meta data it does not re-read the local nfo file again?

Example Movies:

First Man (2018)

-- fanart.jpg

-- First Man (2018) [bluRay.1080p.x264.8Bit.DTS.6ch].mkv

-- First Man (2018) [bluRay.1080p.x264.8Bit.DTS.6ch].eng.srt

-- First Man (2018) [bluRay.1080p.x264.8Bit.DTS.6ch].nfo

-- poster.jpg

-- logo.png

-- landscape.jpg

-- disc.png

-- banner.jpg

Example TV Show:

Almost Human

-- Season 01

-- Almost Human - s01e01 - Pilot [bluRay.720p.x264.8Bit.AC3.6ch].dan.srt

-- Almost Human - s01e01 - Pilot [bluRay.720p.x264.8Bit.AC3.6ch].mkv

-- Almost Human - s01e01 - Pilot [bluRay.720p.x264.8Bit.AC3.6ch].nfo

-- Almost Human - s01e01 - Pilot [bluRay.720p.x264.8Bit.AC3.6ch]-thumb.jpg

-- season.nfo 

banner.jpg

character.png

clearart.png

fanart.jpg

landscape.jpg

logo.png

poster.jpg

season01-fanart.jpg

tvshow.nfo

All these are created by the old "meta<browser/> tool and should still be Kodi compliant

any way to force Emby to read these local files first? (Takes a pretty long time, compared to kodi where you tell it to scan for local nfo files only)

Sorry if this is a NOB question - But I cant seem to get Emby to refresh any nfo data when first it have loaded them?

Hi there, can you please go over an example? What did you change inside the nfo? Also instead of refreshing metadata, try running a library scan. Thanks.

Same problem here. 

After upgrading to 4.02.0, all the metadata files in hundreds of movies saved by Metabrowser in Nfo format that were previously read correctly by Emby Server, are now completely ignored. 

Either something in the Emby Metadata readers for Nfo is broken, or Emby decided to change what it will read in Nfo files all of the sudden? 

Suprisingly the Emby Xml Metadata reader still works properly if metadata files are saved in that format. 

Please fix this!!!

ps. no number of full library scans and metadata refreshes are affecting this bug in any way. 

Edited by mbguy

embyzone

Hi there, can you please go over an example? What did you change inside the nfo? Also instead of refreshing metadata, try running a library scan. Thanks.

Seems I just need allot of patience, looks like it did read them in the end.

If I tell Emby to re-read info from the internet will it then update description with wrong preferred language (my problem is that I only would like to update if the description was translated an keep it from overwriting my own translations)

I don't know the answer to that. That depends on your chosen metadata providers for that library, along with whatever metadata they have for your language for that particular title.