Hardware Detection Error?

bigverm23

bigverm23

Ubuntu 18.04 LTS

NVIDIA GTX1060

Emby Server: 4.0.2.0

was scanning through my logs and happened to see this error related to my GTX 1060 GPU:

{            "DeviceIndex": 1,            "DeviceInfo": {                "VendorName": "NVIDIA Corporation",                "DeviceName": "GP106 [GeForce GTX 1060 3GB]",                "SubsytemVendorName": "eVga.com. Corp.",                "VendorId": 4318,                "DeviceId": 7170,                "SubsytemVendorId": 14402,                "SubsytemDeviceId": 24930,                "DevPath": "/sys/bus/pci/devices/0000:01:00.0",                "DrmCard": "/dev/dri/card0",                "DrmRender": "/dev/dri/renderD128",                "IsEnabled": 1,                "IsBootVga": 0,                "Error": {                    "Number": -1,                    "Message": "Failed to initialize VA /dev/dri/renderD128. Error -1"                }

what does this mean and is it something I need to resolve?

hardware_detection-63686077521.txt

embyserver.txt

Edited by bigverm23

bigverm23

I have and I have the latest NVIDIA drivers installed and the proper hardware shows under Transcode settings, just wondering what the error is telling me and if there is a real issue here.

"Install the latest drivers for your Nvidia hardware either directly from Nvidia Driver Downloads page or from the driver repository of the respective Linux distribution. The procedure may vary by distribution. The minimum required driver version on Linux is 390.25"

post-339752-0-11722000-1550515567_thumb.png

Edited by bigverm23

Ubuntu 18.04 LTS

NVIDIA GTX1060

Emby Server: 4.0.2.0

was scanning through my logs and happened to see this error related to my GTX 1060 GPU:

{            "DeviceIndex": 1,            "DeviceInfo": {                "VendorName": "NVIDIA Corporation",                "DeviceName": "GP106 [GeForce GTX 1060 3GB]",                "SubsytemVendorName": "eVga.com. Corp.",                "VendorId": 4318,                "DeviceId": 7170,                "SubsytemVendorId": 14402,                "SubsytemDeviceId": 24930,                "DevPath": "/sys/bus/pci/devices/0000:01:00.0",                "DrmCard": "/dev/dri/card0",                "DrmRender": "/dev/dri/renderD128",                "IsEnabled": 1,                "IsBootVga": 0,                "Error": {                    "Number": -1,                    "Message": "Failed to initialize VA /dev/dri/renderD128. Error -1"                }

what does this mean and is it something I need to resolve?

There's no need to worry, everything is working fine according to your log.

The section you've posted is from VAAPI detection. The Nvidia GPU does not support VAAPI, that's why it fails (which is expected).

Later in that log you can see the Nvidia detection and your device is properly detected there.

• 11 months later...
leeknight1981

There's no need to worry, everything is working fine according to your log.

The section you've posted is from VAAPI detection. The Nvidia GPU does not support VAAPI, that's why it fails (which is expected).

Later in that log you can see the Nvidia detection and your device is properly detected there.

Hi can someone please have a look at the attached log and check all is ok! i am seeing quite a few of these Hardware_Detaction in the logs...

Is there anything in there i need to be concerned about?

Many Thanks 

L33

hardware_detection-63716657461.txt

leeknight1981

Are you experiencing a problem?

Not Sure Luke this is the thing i am not sure if that is a fault log or just info! he was getting an error iv just asked him if he can remember what it was. he was watching CSI and it stopped then an error come up but he could play the Sweeney fine and the Mandalorian. if he can remember the error ill post in here edited But was after clarification on that LOG 

Regards

Lee  

Edited by leeknight1981

Not Sure Luke this is the thing i am not sure if that is a fault log or just info!

The hw detection log is just containing information about the hw detection process and its existence is nothing to worry about.