Live TV - Will & Grace season being mis-identified

Diedrich

Diedrich

Server 4.0.2.0

I have a recurring recording for Will & Grace (the new season 10) for Thursdays on NBC. However, the episodes are being tagged as Season 2 - they are then identified that way in the file name and then sorted that way in the folder structure (Season 2) rather than Season 10 as it should be.

I have a Hauppauge tuner and have the tuners imported into Emby and I use the new Emby Guide Data.

How can I tell the guide data that what it's recording is Season 10 and NOT Season 2?

diedrich-server.txt

Diedrich

Can you show a screenshot of it in the guide?

USA-OTA48910

The episode name is correct and so is the episode number, just not the season number. Attached are screenshots of the guide, episode details and IMDB Season list.0c4188368bea4fae513bd66579310b5a.jpgdf23881f5bebbcec68f9f5ecfe2ff4dc.jpgfadb8ae23c617fe145c0ad5289bd5d61.jpg

Edited by Diedrich

Diedrich

@@Luke I did some testing

1. I deleted the Emby Guide Data and reverted to Schedules Direct. I mapped my channels, refreshed the guide, and was still presented with "Will & Grace" s02e12 (current season is 10).

2. I deleted Schedules Direct and did a graceful restart (admin dashboard) of Emby Server.

3. I added back Emby Guide Data, mapped my channels and did a manual refresh. Same problem, the show is still being tagged as season 02.

What can I do to modify this data in the guide/series details?

• 3 weeks later...

This is pretty common for a reboot.

Guide providers can either treat it as a new series or treat it as extended seasons of the first run.

No rhyme or reason to this.

What is frustrating is when the 3rd part meta-providers don't modify their listings to match what the studios/stations say the season/episode is.