No subtitles at all

usesembyalot

usesembyalot

I have setup one library on my MacBook. I have the library setting set to download subs in English. 

When I am playing the movie on my Mac I go to movie gear icon and select Subtitle Setting and I get the below message. I do not know where else I need to change settings. ALso when in a title I click on Edit Subtitle and I see English selected in the drop down and I click the magnifier glass icon and It says no subtitle found. Pretty strange. 

Please advise. 

To configure default subtitle appearance and language settings, stop video playback, then click your user icon in the top right section of the app.

Hi there, first question, do you have any subtitles in your library? The subtitles you see in the video player are your subtitles. Do you have any?

Our subtitle download feature can help you download subtitles for your videos, assuming the subtitle provider(s) have subtitles for your videos.

usesembyalot

thanks for reply. No I do not have any subtitles. I thought Emby gets those subs from some internet source. The titles that I am looking for subtitles for are regular movies. some from 2018. 

Edited by usesembyalot

I thought Emby gets those subs from some internet source.

We do, during the library scan and subtitle download scheduled task. The video player only shows you what you currently have.

Try using the manual subtitle download features to see if any subtitles are available. To increase results, make sure your movies have Imdb id's assigned. Make sure you have also configured your Open Subtitles account information in the Open Subtitles configuration screen.

Please let us know if that helps. Thanks.

usesembyalot

We do, during the library scan and subtitle download scheduled task. The video player only shows you what you currently have.

Try using the manual subtitle download features to see if any subtitles are available. To increase results, make sure your movies have Imdb id's assigned. Make sure you have also configured your Open Subtitles account information in the Open Subtitles configuration screen.

Please let us know if that helps. Thanks.

I did not know I needed to have Opensubtitle account for the Subs to download. Let me try that. 

usesembyalot

That was it. I get Subs now. thank you so much. 

I guess it would help if the Open Subtitle setting screen has a text to instruct user.