direct plays take forever to load

pr3dict

Maybe it's getting stuck trying to access a drive? Have you considered running hardware diagnostics to look for drive failures?

pr3dict

Maybe it's getting stuck trying to access a drive? Have you considered running hardware diagnostics to look for drive failures?

I run a smart test every morning at 3AM. Everything is fine from that perspective. Maybe permissions? but if that was the case then it would never work?

What about full surface scans of the disks?

For starters I would turn off as many functions as possible that are going to access those disks, such as chapter image extraction, local metadata saving, cover art plugin if you have that, Roku plugin if you have that, real-time monitor, etc.

pr3dict

What about full surface scans of the disks?

For starters I would turn off as many functions as possible that are going to access those disks, such as chapter image extraction, local metadata saving, cover art plugin if you have that, Roku plugin if you have that, real-time monitor, etc.

So I have Metadata going to my storage server. The local cache is on a separate also local drive which is an SSD. I can turn of chapter image extraction but I just dont see how to literally diagnpose/fix this. This wasnt an issue until recent.

pr3dict

Also is this normal? When unchecking a field the color change sticks around even after moving the mouse away. 5aee0c0717462_embyproblem2.png

pr3dict

awkward... But I fixed it... My fault or more PFSense fault. 

5af13526ef22b_pfsensbad.png

That ^^^^^ needed to be unchecked in my DNS resolver. When that was checked which I have checked I guess recently. Well it broke stuff. Everything is zipping away and even my non https emby stuff is working. Before it kinda crapped out.

• 2 weeks later...
pr3dict

not to be annoying but Ive given you 3 logs already lol. nothing has changed on my end.

• 2 months later...
pr3dict

Can you try over http and see how that compares? thanks.

going to http I couldnt even get off the home screen. clicking on any of the other links wouldnt work at all.

I get off the home screen this time but it has the same symptoms.

testbug

Just thought I'd mention that I don't have my issues anymore after updating from 3.3.1.0 to 3.5.2.0.

The only thing I've changed was disabling DLNA. Might be something you could try pr3dict.

Ok, please try again with the next release of Emby Server as there will be major performance improvements. Thanks.

pr3dict

Doesnt this seem like more of a specific issue then just a performance issue? There are like over 1000 errors in that file.

Yea the errors I'm not quite sure about, so yes it could be something other than performance.

Connection reset by peer 

Means that a client device got something it didn't like. It could be ssl certificate related.

pr3dict

It may have something to do with live tv? As soon as I hit the  livetv tab lately everything just dies. Super slow and everytime i go to a page for the next minute afterward it just half loads or doesnt load at all.

Also, none of the channels are listed int he channels view. The guide has channels with no programs or time slots. None of the channel logos are showing up.... The metadata manager shows all of the channels though.

pr3dict

Nope its zippy if I'm just cruising through the other sections. Its when I get to a page that like doesnt want to load (like live tv) and then I try to go anywhere else, it just like cancer. just breaks all the other pages after that.